February 29, 2020
Four-Themed Recipes for Leap Day
Today is February 29 – which means it’s Leap Day! As you’re probably well aware, Leap Year only occurs every four years. While there are many superstitions surrounding Leap Day, the purpose of February 29 is to keep our annual calendar and the seasons aligned over very long periods of time. The actual time it takes for Earth to orbit the sun is not 365 days – but 365.2421 days. Having a Leap Day every four years means these additional 24 hours are built into the calendar so we stay aligned with the Earth’s movement around the sun.
While Leap Day is often associated with marriage, proposals and gender roles, we’re associating it with food! In honor of February 29, we have pulled together a list of four-themed recipes:
- Four Cheese & Walnut Cheese Ball
- 4-Ingredient HERSHEY’S S’mores Brownies
- Four-Cheese Chicken Alfredo Casserole
- Four Cheese Italian Bruschetta
- Four Citrus Mini Bundt Cakes
- Four Cheese Mexican Pizza.
- 4-Ingredient Blueberry Goat Cheese Phyllo Turnovers
- Four Cheese Smoked Mac ‘n’ Cheese
- Four Pepper Blast with Sesame Seed
- Four Cheese Chicken Enchiladas
- Luscious Four-Layer Pumpkin Cake
- Four Cheese Pizza with Carmelized Onions.
- Petit Fours
- Four Cheese Roasted Vegetables
- 4-Ingredient Snickdoodle Bars
- Four Cheese Pizza
- Italian 4-Cheee Pasta & Kale Bake
- Easy 4-Ingredient Parmesan Herb Bread
- Four Cheese Lasagna
- 4-Square Family Pizza
- 4 Ingredient M&M Peanut Butter Cookies
- Four Cheese Chicken & Broccoli Pasta Dinner Kit
How will you celebrate Leap Day? Share with us on social media @EasyHomeMeals.