22 Instant Pot Recipes to Try ASAP
Using an Instant Pot, or an electric pressure cooker, has been all the rage the last few years. While a slow cooker or crockpot slowly cooks your meal, a pressure cooker cooks your meal fast. A pressure cooker can be a super convenient cooking device for busy mornings and evenings, or when you need the oven and stove for cooking other dishes. You’d be surprised at just how much you can cook in this nifty pot! If you’re new to the pressure cooking game, it’s totally natural to feel a little intimidated or overwhelmed when you first begin.
We’ve pulled together a list of helpful tips to get you started:
1.) Whether it’s an Instant Pot or another electric pressure cooker, read up on all the functions before you start.
2.) Before beginning to cook, read through the entire recipe so you know what ingredients to add and when to add them, which pressure level to use, the cooking time and the release method.
2.) Do not put your face over the steam when you manually release the pressure using the sealing valve – you may burn yourself!
3.) Do not touch the lid’s hot surfaces during or after cooking.
3.) Add 10-15 minutes to your meal planning time when using pressure as it takes about 10 minutes to build the necessary pressure within the inner pot.
4.) A pressure cooker uses steam to build pressure that ultimately cooks the food – so the inner pot must have at least 1/2 to 1 cup of liquid.
5.) Speed up your cooking time by cutting up large cuts of meat into smaller pieces.
6.) Because there isn’t much liquid lost during the cooking process, you may want to thicken your sauce by either adding cornstarch whisked with water or another thickener (like flour) after the meal is finished cooking.
Test your pressure cooking skills with these recipes for breakfast, main course and even dessert:
- Mama Latina used an electric pressure cooker to cook the chicken for these flavorful Chicken Pibil Tostadas.
- By using an electric pressure cooker to make this Broccoli Cheddar Soup, you go from 6 hours to 15 minutes to cook it!
- For this Instant Pot Greek Chicken, you’ll want to begin cooking your pasta noodles before you cook the chicken.
- You haven’t had macaroni and cheese quite like this Creamy Instant Pot Mac and Cheese!
- Bring on soup season and this hearty Beefy Onion Soup!
- We love how easy it is to make these Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs.
- Tyson has made it super simple to use your pressure cooker with meal kits like this tasty Instant Pot Hatch Green Chile Chicken & Rice Casserole!
- We’re literally drooling over this Instant Pot Korean BBQ Beef.
- For an Italian soup that is both cheesy and comforting, cook up this 7 Cheese Zuppa Toscana.
- This cooking gadget isn’t just for cooking dinner, make this creamy and decadent Instant Pot Cheesecake!
- Step up your chili cooking game with this recipe for Instant Pot Chili.
- Say goodbye eating oatmeal from a packet and hello to this Instant Pot Oatmeal for Steel Cut Oats or Rolled Oats.
- Everything’s better with cheese, like this Electric Pressure Cooker Cheesy Corn.
- For a luscious dessert, make this Flourless Espresso Chocolate Cake. Plus it’s gluten-free and low-carb!
- We just love how easy it is to make this delicious Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup.
- Rise and shine to make Instant Pot Crustless Quiche Lorraine for a tasty breakfast.
- Tyson has done it again with this Instant Pot Cajun-Style Chicken & Rice meal kit.
- We especially love sweet potatoes the fall, and this Electric Pressure Cooker-Sweet Potato Tagine.
- Skip ordering Indian take-out and instead make this flavorful Instant Pot Butter Chicken at home.
- You won’t believe how juicy this Pressure Cooker Pot Roast will turn out!
- This Instant Pot Frittata Breakfast Casserole tastes as amazing as it looks.
- Take a vacation to the tropics with this incredible Instant Pot Coconut Lime Cheesecake!
What’s your go-to Instant Pot recipe or meal idea? Share with us on social media @EasyHomeMeals.