Recipe At A Glance
This French toast casserole from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen is the perfect way to start your day!
- 1 loaf day-old French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened and cut into small cubes
- 1 12 oz. bag of frozen strawberries, large berries cut in half
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 10 large eggs
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 1/4 c. maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Toss the strawberries in the flour.
- Spread half the bread cubes in the prepared baking dish.
- Top with half of the cream cheese cubes and strawberries.
- Layer remaining bread cubes, cream cheese and strawberries.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, vanilla, maple syrup, and salt until fully combined. Pour egg mixture over the bread.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove baking dish 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and bake the covered casserole for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 30 minutes, or until the custard has set.
- Allow casserole to cool for 15 minutes.
- Serve dusted with powdered sugar and maple syrup.