Recipe At A Glance
Say hello to the perfect sweet and savory grilled cheese sandwich. Mr. Food Test Kitchen’s recipe for Pressed Apple Cheddar Bagel Melt calls for the classic and delicious combination of cheddar cheese and apples. It’s a kid-approved recipe that’s great for lunch or as an anytime snack.
- 2 frozen bagels, thawed
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 small apple, peeled, cored and cut into thin slices
- Ground cinnamon for sprinkling
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Separate bagels and place cut side up on counter.
- Place a slice of cheese on two bagel halves.
- Top with apple slices, sprinkle with ground cinnamon and top with another slice of cheese.
- Place remaining bagel halves on top.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add sandwiches, then place a heavy pan on top to weigh it down.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes, then flip over and cook 2 more minutes, or until golden and cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.