Recipe At A Glance
A delicious, healthy breakfast option that is sure to get you out of bed. Start the morning off right with this phyllo pastry nest filled with egg, cheese and prosciutto.
Featured ProductAthens® Phyllo Dough – 9″ x 14″ Sheets
Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories from fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Total Carbohydrates
- Dietary Fiber
- 8 sheets Athens® Phyllo Dough (9″ x 14″), thawed
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup tomato basic goat cheese
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/4 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Thaw one roll of phyllo, following thawing instructions on package. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Unroll and cover phyllo sheets with plastic wrap and then a slightly damp towel to prevent drying out.
- Place one sheet of phyllo on work surface and lightly spray. Place a second sheet across the first making a “+” and spray.
- Lay third and fourth sheets diagonally, spray phyllo with cooking spray (the result should look like an X on top of a +).
- Gently center stack over a 4” nonstick tart/quiche pan. Press down into the pan and loosely fold and roll in dough to create a round “nest”. Repeat with remaining phyllo in second tart pan.
- Place both pans on a baking tray and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Fold each slice of prosciutto in half lengthwise and lay two slices end to end around the inside perimeter of the “nest” so that it ruffles up. Sprinkle half of goat cheese in each.
- Break one egg into each pan and sprinkle with gruyere and pepper. Reroll unused phyllo sheets and follow storing instructions on package.
- Bake for about 10 minutes for a “runny” or “soft” yolk or 20 minutes for a “firm” yolk. Remove from tart pan and serve immediately.