- 2 1/2 cups frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed well
- 1 cup frozen sliced mushrooms, thawed
- 1 cup frozen okra, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped onion, thawed
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 12-oz. penne noodles, cooked and drained
- Fresh basil, shredded Parmesan, crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook spinach, mushrooms, okra and onion according to package directions in the microwave. Drain if needed.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, cook spinach, mushrooms, okra and onions in hot oil 5 minutes until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute more. Add marinara sauce and reduce heat to low; simmer 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve sauce over penne pasta and top with fresh basil, Parmesan, red pepper flakes, if desired. Serve immediately.