For the Taco Braid:
- 1 Bridgford Frozen Ready-Dough®, thawed
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup diced tomato
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided in half
- ¼ cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
For the salsa verde:
- 6 tomatillos, husked
- ½ medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 medium bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 medium jalapeno
- Heat oven to 400°. Brown ground beef with taco seasonings in a large skillet and let cool. Let the Bridgford dough (thawed) rise according to package directions. Place dough on a large cookie sheet, roll and stretch out into a large rectangle shape.
- On each long side, cut dough about 2 ½ inches from center in 1 inch sections. Make sure to leave the center and each cut sides all about the same width.
- Place browned beef in center of dough and then wrap dough around beef. When done, sprinkle with ¼ cup shredded cheddar. Place in oven and bake for 20 – 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While taco braid is cooking, place tomatillos in medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. When done, place tomatillos, onion, garlic, cilantro, jalapeno and salt in blender or food processor. Blend until pureed.
- When taco braid is done, remove and place on cutting board or large platter to serve. Top with chopped romaine lettuce, fresh cilantro, diced onion, shredded cheddar and fresh salsa verde.