- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mild molasses
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Land O Lakes® Butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon ginger puree or grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 Land O Lakes® Egg
- Powdered sugar, if desired
Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 2 mini (5 3/4×3-inch) loaf pans.
Combine flour, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, nutmeg, baking soda and salt in bowl.
Combine molasses, milk, 1/3 cup sugar, butter, ginger and egg in bowl; beat until well mixed. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed, scraping bowl occasionally, until well mixed.
Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake 28-33 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans. Cool completely. ,
Sprinkle with powdered sugar before slicing, if desired.
– The gingerbread can be baked in 1 (9×5-inch) loaf pan. Bake at 350°F. 30-35 minutes. For 4 miniature (4 1/2×2 1/2×1 1/2-inch) loaf pans, bake at 350°F. 25-30 minutes.
– Grate peeled, fresh gingerroot on the fine side of a box grater or on a Microplane® grater, leaving behind most of the fibers.