- 2 cups uncooked dried elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup Land O Lakes® Butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Land O Lakes® Half & Half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 (3/4-ounce) slices
- Land O Lakes® Deli American, quartered
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Land O Lakes® Butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Heat oven to 350°F.
Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain.
Melt 1/4 cup butter in 3-quart saucepan until sizzling; stir in flour. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 1 minute or until smooth and bubbly. Add half & half and salt. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, 3-4 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
Reduce heat to low; stir in cheese. Cook 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Add cooked macaroni; mix well.Spoon into ungreased 2-quart casserole.
Stir together all topping ingredients in bowl; sprinkle over top of macaroni mixture. Bake 20-25 minutes or until heated through and golden brown.
For a added flavor, stir in 3 ounces cubed cream cheese and 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard into the sauce.