Recipe At A Glance
Chef Jamie Gwen’s cheese ball is delicious…and a wonderful way to use up your cheese drawer. Cream cheese and sour cream add creaminess and tanginess to this modern version.
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 8 ounces of your shredded or sliced cheese of choice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup toasted sliced almonds or 1/2 cup freshly chopped mixed herbs
- Crackers, for serving
- Using your food processor, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, honey, salt and cayenne. Process until smooth. Add your cheese of choice and process until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a sealable container and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Once firm, place the cheese mixture in the center of a large sheet of plastic wrap. Wrap the cheese in the plastic wrap and use your hands to mold the cheese into a ball. Place the cheese ball back in the refrigerator and chill until firm again, about 1 hour.
- Remove the cheese ball from the refrigerator and gently roll in your coating of choice. Serve with crackers.
Chef’s Tip: The cheese ball tastes best if left to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving.