Recipe At A Glance
Start your day off on the right foot with a rise ‘n’ shine breakfast that is easy to make, thanks to a few shortcuts in the freezer and refrigerated aisles. Plus they taste amazing and will fill-ya-up with all sorts of goodness!
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli florets, thawed
- 3 frozen veggie breakfast sausage patties, thawed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup liquid egg whites
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat a 6 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine broccoli, chopped sausage, onion powder, salt and pepper, mix well.
- Place equal amounts of mixture into muffin cups.
- Pour egg whites evenly over vegetable mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese and place back in oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and the center is set.
- Run a knife around the edges, remove from pan and serve warm.
- Test Kitchen Note: These can be made in advance and kept in the fridge for a couple of days. When ready to serve, simply warm them in your toaster oven until piping hot.