Recipe At A Glance
During the dog days of summer, there’s nothing better than a light and fluffy side dish. That’s why Mr Food Test Kitchen’s Summertime Fluff is so great. It’s perfect poolside or you can bring it along to the next backyard barbecue. Everyone will love this fruity, yogurt-based treat!
- 1/2 (16-oz.) box orzo pasta
- 1 (20-oz.) can pineapple tidbits, drained, with juice reserved (about 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp.salt
- 3 Tbsp. egg whites
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, cut in half
- 1 (15-oz.) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse under cold running water, drain well.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine reserved pineapple juice, sugar, flour, salt and egg whites. Cook until mixture thickens and is smooth, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, pineapple juice mixture and yogurt. Stir in pineapple tidbits and marshmallows. Fold in mandarin oranges, cherries and whipped topping. Serve or refrigerate until ready to serve.