Recipe At A Glance
It’s Spring, so why not serve up a dish that’s as bright and cheery as the season. We think our shrimp, nestled on a bed of confettied cauliflower, which starts with a few shortcut freezer favorites is truly Spring-tacular. Try it and let us know what you think?
- 4 (6-inch) skewers
- 1-1/4 lb frozen extra-large shrimp, thawed (16 shrimp) peeled with tails on
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 (12-ounce) frozen package riced cauliflower medley
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 20 minutes to prevent them from burning. Place 4 shrimp on each skewer, as shown and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice and chopped thyme. Using either a pastry brush (or you can make a fresh herb “brush” with a bunch of fresh thyme), brush both sides of the shrimp with about 2 tablespoons of the oil. (Using the fresh thyme as a brush will add a burst of extra flavor), set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add remaining 2 tablespoons of seasoned oil along with the cauliflower medley, cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, over medium-high heat, place shrimp skewers on a grill pan or on the grill over high. Cook until pink, turning halfway through. Serve shrimp skewers over cauliflower medley and enjoy.