Recipe At A Glance
This is a great dish for a party and can be served in many different ways. Present it whole, cut in wedges, or cut into small squares as an hors d'oeuvre for a cocktail party.
- 3 pounds waxy, thin skinned potatoes
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 24 extra large NestFresh Eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel potatoes and slice paper-thin with a thin-bladed sharp knife.
- Melt 7 tablespoons butter in each of 2 large nonstick skillets.
- Divide potatoes into 2 equal portions and add to skillets, sprinkling with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Saute over medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Cover skillets, lower heat, and cook for 16 to 18 minutes, until potatoes are tender and golden but not too soft.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs well with electric mixer. Add 2 tablespoons salt and some pepper.
- Using remaining 2 tablespoons butter, grease bottoms and sides of 2 10-inch tight-fitting springform pans.
- When potatoes are done transfer with slotted spoon to pans.
- Add any pan juices from potatoes to beaten eggs and mix briefly. Pour over potatoes.
- Place pans on 1 or 2 baking sheets and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until set and golden.
- Let sit for 5 minutes. Loosen sides of tortillas with a knife or flexible rubber spatula. Remove from springform. Cut each tortilla into 12 wedges. Serve hot or at room temperature.