Recipe At A Glance
Tasty and filling orange chicken pita pockets, starring spicy edamame!
For the Spicy Edamame
- 1 bag (8oz) PictSweet® Steam’ables® Edamame Shelled Soybeans
- 3/4 tsp. red pepper flakes, or more if you would like more “Pow”
- 3 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce, divided
- Pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 6 cilantro springs, washed and roughly chopped
For the Orange Chicken
- 1 (18 oz) box of InnovAsian® Cuisine Orange Chicken
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1-2 carrots, julienned and shaven
- Pre-heat oven 375 degrees F.
- Thaw edamame following the instructions on the bag. Mix edamame with pepper flakes, 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce and pepper to taste. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, let cool for 5 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, lime juice, salt, and cilantro.
- Open the box and place the sauce bag in a bowl with warm water to thaw.
- Heat the oil in a skillet, add chicken and cook for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add carrots, cover and cook for 6 additional minutes, stirring occasionally. Finally, pour sauce over chicken and carrots, cover and cook for another 2-3 minutes until hot.
- Warm up pita bread either in the microwave or in the oven, cut in half. Fill them with the orange chicken and top with spicy edamame.