Recipe At A Glance
Surprise Mom with this rise and shine breakfast on Mother’s Day or any day. How can you miss with this freshly made potato and cheese waffle topped with poached eggs. Serve this up with some Béarnaise Sauce and you’ve got the ultimate way to show mom just how much you love her.
- 1 (20-ounce) package refrigerated hash brown potatoes
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1 (0.9-ounce) package Béarnaise sauce mix, prepared according to package direction
- Preheat an electric waffle iron according to directions.
In a large bowl, combine potatoes, the 3 beaten eggs, cheese, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Coat top and bottom of waffle iron with cooking spray. Place 1/2-inch-thick portion of potato mixture into waffle maker. (This amount will vary based on the size of your waffle maker). Close lid and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. Using a fork, remove waffle to a plate and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining potato mixture.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over high heat, bring about 3 inches of water to a boil, then reduce it to a simmer. Break one egg at a time into the water; repeat with additional eggs. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until whites are set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Using a slotted spoon, remove and drain the eggs. Place 2 poached eggs over each waffle and drizzle with prepared Béarnaise sauce.