Recipe At A Glance
Take your taste buds on a tasty trip to India with Mr. Food Test Kitchen’s easy-to-throw-together, one-pot skillet. And thanks to a bunch of refrigerated and frozen shortcuts, you can have this on the table in less than 20 minutes. What a fun change-of-pace kind of way to add some Indian spice to your daily dinner routine!
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. ground coriander
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground curry powder
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (20-oz.) package refrigerated diced potatoes
- 1 (10-oz.) box frozen veggie burgers, cut into 1-inch pieces (4 burgers)
- 1 (10.8-oz.) pkg. frozen cauliflower florets
- 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large deep skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot.
- Stir in coriander, cumin, curry powder, red pepper flakes, and potatoes; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until potatoes begin to soften.
- Add burger pieces, cauliflower, crushed tomatoes, water, sugar, and salt; cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 8 minutes.
- Stir in peas and cilantro and continue to cook 5 minutes or until heated through.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip: Serve as is or with Naan (Indian flat bread) so you can sop up every last bit of the flavor-packed sauce.