Recipe At A Glance
There’s something crazy-good about this omelette, which is exactly why the Mr. Food Test Kitchen calls it a Crazy Good Omelet. Serve it up with some home fries (use easy, frozen diced potatoes!) and you’re set for the ultimate breakfast.
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 frozen or refrigerated turkey sausage links, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 Tbsp. chopped roasted red bell pepper, drained
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a small non-stick skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add sausage and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until browned.
- Add spinach and red bell pepper and sauté for 1 minute or until spinach starts to wilt.
- Remove mixture from the skillet and set aside.
- Coat the skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- Add eggs and sprinkle with salt.
- With a rubber spatula, gently stir, pushing the cooked portion of the eggs to the center of the pan.
- When the eggs firm up and are no longer liquidy, top with the sausage mixture and sprinkle with feta cheese.
- To serve, slide the omelet out of the pan onto a platter, folding the omelet in half (the half without the filling) over the filling.