Recipe At A Glance
Whether you want something special for your holiday table or just a little pick-me-up during the week, this cranberry stuffed quick bread is perfect. And the fact that this is made with frozen cranberries makes it a year round favorite.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tsp. orange zest
- 1-1/2 cups frozen cranberries
Test Kitchen Tips: The frozen cranberries don’t need to be thawed before adding to the batter. Also, if you want to substitute soy or a nut milk for the regular milk, that is up to you.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; set aside. Place butter and sugar in another bowl; beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat well. Add flour mixture and milk, and beat at low speed until mixture is smooth. Stir in orange zest and cranberries. Spoon mixture into loaf pan.
- Bake 60 to 65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 20 minutes. Remove from pan, cool completely and slice.
Serving Suggestion: To give this an extra “wow,” enjoy with Orange Butter. To make it, simply combine 1 stick softened butter, 1 teaspoon orange zest and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract in a small bowl. Mix until creamy. Refrigerate until ready to use.