Recipe At A Glance
Our friends at Mr. Food Test Kitchen have come up with a quick, snack for your summer on the go! Craving something heartier than an apple for snacktime? Try these Cheesy Steak Sliders with Onion Rings! These mini-sized sandwiches feature lots of thinly-sliced steak, covered in mozzarella, and stuffed inside yummy rolls. Oh yeah, and we add a crispycoated onion ring to each one for a little crunch and flavor. The best part is, because they start with frozen shortcuts – you can make them in no time!
- 4 frozen heat & serve white rolls
- 12 frozen onion rings
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 (2.5-oz.) frozen Angus Philly beef steaks (see Note)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese, each cut into quarters
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place rolls and onion rings on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove rolls to a plate, turn onion rings over, and continue baking for 5 to 8 minutes more or until golden.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter and cook steaks for 1 minute, then turn over. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute; then turn over again. Chop steak with spatula, separating into pieces. Cook for 30 seconds or until browned.
- Slice rolls in half and evenly divide steak on bottom half of rolls. Top with 2 pieces of mozzarella cheese and the roll tops. Place 1 onion ring on top and secure with a toothpick. Serve immediately with additional onion rings on the side.
Note: We tested the sliders with Steak-Eze brand quick-cooking shaved steak. As for the rolls, we tried these with both Bridgford Heat & Serve white rolls, which are very family friendly, and Alexia Artisan Rolls, which are perfect when entertaining. The choice is yours!