Recipe At A Glance
If you’re looking for an easy as can be side dish, look no more. These delicate Cauliflower and Cheddar Pancakes are brimming with so much flavor, it’s hard to think of them as good for you. And since they start with a few shortcut ingredients from the freezer aisle, they’re very weeknight friendly.
- 1 (20-oz.) package frozen mashed cauliflower, thawed (see tip)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup frozen turkey sausage crumbles, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine thawed cauliflower, flour, sausage, cheese, scallions, egg and pepper; mix until thoroughly combined.
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake into skillet. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until golden, turning halfway through cooking.
- Place on plate, cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter and oil as needed.