We’re Egg-stra Egg-cited for National Eggnog Month!
December makes National Eggnog Month. Whether you love this creamy beverage or hate it, you can’t disagree that eggnog is a staple during the holiday season.
Historians agree that eggnog began as “posset” during Britain’s early medieval years–a drink made of hot milk curdled with ale, wine, etc. that’s often sweetened and spiced. It’s believed that eventually Monks added whipped eggs to the mix. Due to the hefty price of milk, eggs and sherry, posset was often used in toasts to good health and prosperity by the upper classes.
Soon enough, eggnog’s popularity sparked in the American colonies as many had farms with milk and eggs readily available. This is when eggnog began to be mixed with whiskey and eventually rum. It’s recorded that George Washington served an eggnog-like drink to visitors at Mount Vernon complete with sherry, rum and rye whiskey.
For those that prefer convenience, grocery stores’ dairy cases are stocked with a variety of delicious eggnog and nog choices:
- For a classic and rich eggnog, pick up Golden Eggnog.
- For organic, ultra pasteurized eggnog, try this Eggnog.
- For a dairy-free alternative, try Holiday Nog made with flaxmilk.
- If you’re lactose intolerant, you can still enjoy this Eggnog!
- Pick up some Nog Original that’s soy-based.
- If you prefer almond milk, this Nog‘s for you.
- If you can’t let go of pumpkin quite yet, Pumpkin Spice Egg Nog is calling your name!
- This Holiday Nog is made from coconut milk.
- For a dairy-free version, pick up this Pumpkin Spice Nog.
Egg-straordinary Eggnog Breakfasts:
- Have your eggnog and eat it too with these Egg Nog Spice Pancakes!
- If you need to get out the door fast, these Eggnog Muffins With Spiced Butter fit the bill.
- We don’t monkey around when it comes to breakfast, especially this Spiced Eggnog Monkey Bread!
- Start your morning with scrumptious Cinnamon Eggnog French Toast.
Decadent Eggnog Desserts:
- If you like cheesecake, then you’ll love this luscious Eggnog Cheesecake!
- These Eggnog Cookies are made easy using a yellow cake mix!
- Add some flair to your ordinary rice pudding with this recipe for Eggnog Rice Pudding.
- Who says you can’t enjoy ice cream when it’s cold out? Scoop up a bowl of this tasty Eggnog Ice Cream.
- You definitely have to add these Sugar Cookie Bars with Whipped Eggnog Frosting to your Christmas cookie baking list!
- This Nog Crème Brûlée is everything you dreamed it would be, but better!
- For pie lovers, this Eggnog Pie is one treat you don’t want to miss!
- For an impressive dessert, make a Holiday Eggnog Trifle.
- One taste and you won’t be able to resist these Chocolate Eggnog Truffles!
- For a dairy-free dessert, make Holiday Coconut Nog Pie.
Egg-cellent Eggnog Recipes:
- Ethel’s Eggnog is simply irresistible!
- Step up your eggnog making game with this recipe for Gingersnap Eggnog.
- Jump start your morning with Eggnog Coffee.
- For a lighter version, try this Holiday Eggnog.
- For a drink that doubles as a dessert, blend up a Very Merry Eggnog Milkshake!
- Add some heat to your eggnog with this recipe for Maple Pepper Eggnog.
- For chocolate lovers, you must try this decadent Chocolate Eggnog!
- Nog Your Sox Off – the name says it all!
- One sip of Firenog and you won’t want any other cocktail this month!
- Toast the holiday season with Hot Toffee Nog!
Are you an eggnog fan? Share with us on social media @EasyHomeMeals!