Top 16 Casserole Recipes for Dinner Tonight
Whether or not you have fond childhood memories of the dinner casserole, this American dinner staple has come a long way. The casserole became a quintessential American dish during 1950s and ’60s. It was the ultimate comfort food that housewives would cook for their families. In some parts of the country the casserole is referred to as a “hotdish” or a “bake.” Today, there are so many modern updates on this classic dish. If it’s a meal that’s cooked and served in a casserole dish, we think it qualifies for our top casserole recipes.
- This Mexican Casserole is an easy dinner to feed a crowd and takes just minutes to put together.
- This scrumptious Waffle Fry Chicken Bake uses a few freezer staples to make this hearty casserole come together in no time.
- Vegetarian rice lovers will enjoy this flavorful and meatless Zesty Spanish Rice Casserole.
- Double the meat makes this Meat Lover’s Pizza Bake a hearty meal the whole family will rave about.
- Turn any night into a family fiesta with a simple Taquito-Enchilada Bake.
- Skip the carbs with Baked Zucchini Spirals and Meatballs Parmesan that is so good your kids won’t know it’s loaded with veggies instead of pasta.
- When you don’t have time but still want something wholesome for your family, this authentic Vegetable Pasta Primavera goes from freezer to table in no time.
- Southwest Egg Casserole makes a great egg dish that everyone will love morning, noon or night.
- This easy, cheesy Baked Mostaccioli is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters in your family.
- Now the warm comfort of a classic is made even easier in this Meatball Shepherd’s Pie.
- Crispy shrimp gets baked into a cheesy veggie casserole in this easy Cheesy Shrimp Bake.
- Simple and delicious Chicken Codon Bleu Pasta will make any dinner feel like it’s a special meal.
- Your favorite sandwich becomes a tasty BLT Pierogy Bake full of yummy pasta and potato pockets.
- Egg noodles combine with cottage cheese, sour cream and tasty veggies to make this Vegetable Kugel Casserole.
- A family-friendly weeknight Chicken Broccoli Hotdish will make you a one-pan hero.
- Savory flavors of cheese and veggies combine in this Spinach Casserole recipe.
What original casserole recipes are your weeknight go-to favorites? Share with us on social media @EasyHomeMeals.