Sweet Recipes for National Peach Month
August was established as National Peach Month in 1982 by President Ronald Reagan. While peaches originated in China, California grows 175 varieties of peaches and produces more than 50% of the U.S. peach supply.. Fresh peaches are at their peak from June to the end of August, however frozen peaches can be enjoyed year-round. Just thaw frozen peaches for a few minutes for a quick and convenient solution for any recipe that calls for fresh peaches. Try your favorite variety in these recipes at any time of day.
Peaches for breakfast:
- This fresh and fruity breakfast cake recipe uses Greek yogurt to make a Blueberry-Peach Yogurt Cake that’s extra-moist with a tart, yet sweet, flavor.
- Peach Oatmeal Bake is a simple make ahead breakfast featuring rolled oats and sweet peaches.
- Compliment your morning cup of joe with a delicious Peach Coffee Cake with streusel topping.
- Sauteed Peach Topped French Toast has that sweet, cinnamon-y flavor topped with delicious warmed peaches.
- Start off your morning with a quick and easy Peach Pie Parfait that’s full of flavor and will fill you up.
Peaches for lunch/dinner:
- Balsamic and Peach Chicken Skillet pairs sharp balsamic with sweet and juicy peach for a complex and appetizing chicken glaze served with a peach and cherry tomato salsa.
- Spice up pizza night with Pepper Jack and Grilled Peach Pizza that combines sriracha sauce and pepper jack for a huge kick with the sweetness of peaches.
- Roasted beets, tomatoes and peaches come together in a fresh Peach and Beet Caprese salad perfect for a light lunch or side.
- Sweet spicy peach salsa is a perfect accompaniment to crisp chicken and roasted pepper quesadillas. Chicken Quesadillas with Peach Salsa.
- Crunchy marinated chicken is topped with a peach salsa in this Crispy Peach Chicken Salad.
Peaches for dessert:
- For a unique twist on a classic dessert, Grilled Peaches and Cream Shortcake starts with vanilla bean shortcake with a scoop of creamy ice cream and homemade whipped cream!
- Take phyllo shells and fill them with the sweet flavors of your favorite brunch cocktail in these Mini Bellini Peach Phyllo Tarts.
- Light and delicious, Peachy Panna Cotta is a fresh and fruity summer treat perfect for celebrating National Peach Month!
- No time to peel peaches? Pick up a juicy, sweet Peach Pie in the freezer case that’s ready in no time.
- Peach Crescent Dumplings bake into a delicious, sweet and buttery dessert you can serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Peaches in drinks:
- Tasty grapefruit makes friends with peaches and bananas when they come together in a tasty Peachy Power Punch.
- You can still get great peach flavor on-the-go with Oikos Greek yogurt drink.
- Add a little sophistication to any get-together with this pretty Peaches and Champagne Punch recipe that’s sure to leave your guests feeling peachy!
- Get the flavors of one of your favorite desserts in a healthier Peach Cobbler Smoothie.
This National Peach Month, how would you like to eat your peaches? Share with us on social media @EasyHomeMeals!