Ring in the New Year with a Sparkling Bash
Hello 2015, goodbye 2014! You don’t have to hit the bars to ring in 2015. With a little planning ahead, it can be easy to throw a New Year’s Eve party to remember in the comfort of your home!
Hosting a New Year’s party doesn’t have to be complicated (or break the bank). Follow these tips for a bash that will be the talk of the town in the coming year!
- Skip the fancy plated meal and instead serve everything buffet style.
- Don’t think you have to make everything from scratch–buy two-thirds of it. Utilize those shortcuts from the cool aisles of the grocery store, like ready-made dips, pre-sliced or cubed cheeses, ready-to-bake rolls, whipped cream, etc. and the large selection of heat and serve appetizers, breads, side dishes and desserts from the frozen food section.
- The days of just one main entree and starch are long gone. Go crazy on the side dishes and other accompaniments that can be picked at and munched on throughout the night.
- Don’t lose your glass! Wine charms, straws with name tags or chalkboard painted glasses can be a cute touch to prevent a lost glass.
Now time for the main event!
New Year’s Eve Menu~
- Besides bottles of bubbly, it’s key to have some signature drinks for your guests like this fruity-licious Dole Sangria.
- Ring in the New Year with a sophisticated beverage that packs a peachy punch—Peaches and Champagne Punch!
- Mimosas aren’t just for sipping on during brunch. These Cranberry Grapefruit Mimosas are oh so yummy!
- Rainbow sprinkles aren’t just for dessert! Serve up these fun and scrumptious Sparkling Confetti Mocktinis at your party for the kiddos and designated drivers! Swap out champagne for the ginger ale to make it adult-friendly!
- Such a genius idea to keep your drink cold, while adding some fruity flavor—Frozen Fruit Ice Cubes.
- Is there anything better than drinking and diving a chip or cracker into a creamy dip? This Cheesy Guacamole is a delicious take on traditional guacamole.
- Serving dips in individual cups is a nice touch for a party. This 5 Layer Mediterranean Dip is party must!
Appetizing Hors D’oeuvres
- You can’t celebrate the new year without shrimp cocktail. Impress your guests by serving Shrimp Cocktail Shooters!
- Spice up your party with these Cream Cheese Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers.
- Take your guests on a world tour and serve these tasty Chicken Potstickers with toothpicks—no passport required!
- Your guests will absolutely love the contrast of textures between the smooth Greek yogurt in the topping and the crispy potato base in these elegant Potato Nests with Yogurt and Smoked Salmon.
- Chocolate fondue can get a little messy, instead make these decadent Chocolate Fondue Shells using puff pastry shells.
- There’s nothing mini about this dessert. These Strawberry Swirl Dessert Shooters will steal the show since they’re almost too cute to eat!
- Want a dessert that’s fun for kids of all ages? Have an Apple Dippers Bar with chocolate, caramel, peanut butter, etc.!
New Year’s Day Menu~
- Nursing a New Year’s Eve hangover? Bananas will refuel you of all of the potassium you lost from drinking the night before. Blend up a Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie to kiss that nasty hangover goodbye!
- The custom of eating pork on New Year’s is based on the idea that pigs symbolize progress. The pig pushes forward, rooting itself in the ground before moving. Serve up Roasted Pork with Sauerkraut for good fortune in 2015! Not a fan of plain sauerkraut? Mix it in with creamy Traditional Mashed Potatoes from Simply Potatoes!
How will you ring in the New Year? Share with us in the comments below. Have a safe and blessed New Year’s Eve and a prosperous year in 2015!