Recipe At A Glance
Now you can have your favorite potato for breakfast with this Smoky Tator Tot Breakfast Casserole.
Featured ProductOre-Ida® Golden TATER TOTS™
- 1-2 tbs butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ teas salt
- ¼ teas pepper
- ¼ teas garlic powder
- ¼ teas onion powder
- ¼ teas all-purpose seasoning
- 1 – 9.6oz package of Fully Cooked Original Jimmy Dean Sausage Crumbles
- 1 package 32 oz. Ore-Ida Golden TATOR TOTS™
- 8 oz block of Cracker Barrel Sharp Yellow Cheese, shredded and divided in half
- Fresh tomatoes and green onions for topping (optional)
- Preheat the grill or smoker to 350 degrees.
- Coat the bottom and sides of a 12-inch cast iron skillet with a generous amount of butter.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, heavy cream and spices.
- Place the frozen sausage crumbles in the skillet.
- Sprinkle ½ of the shredded cheese on top of the sausage.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the sausage and cheese mix.
- On top, arrange the tots in a single layer. You may have a few servings of tots left in the bag, as a full bag doesn’t quite fit. (Use it for a snack later!)
- Cover with foil and bake in the grill or smoker for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil, add the remaining ½ of the shredded cheese and bake uncovered for an additional 20-25 minutes or until the eggs are set and the tots are golden brown.
- Top with freshly chopped tomatoes and green onions if you wish and serve immediately
Notes: Yes! You can bake this in an oven at the same temperature and time. No cast iron skillet? Try a 10 x 10 baking pan. Want extra zing? Add grilled onions or peppers with the sausage layer.