Praise to National Pasta Month!
Did you know that October is National Pasta Month? While pasta is commonly thought of as an Italian cuisine staple, it was actually first eaten in China as early as 5,000 B.C.! Pasta was not introduced to Italy until the 12th century.
According to the International Pasta Organization, there are more more than 600 different shapes of pasta produced throughout the world. Even we were blown away by how many different kinds there were! There is so much to love about pasta, so we wanted to share our favorite pasta recipes and frozen entrees for single-serving, one-three people and large families.
If craving pasta for one, heat up one of these single-serve pasta entrees:
- Whether for lunch or dinner, you’ll appreciate that this Italian Sausage Lasagna is ready to eat in under 10 minutes!
- You’ll love the homemade, authentic Italian taste of Baked Ziti with Meatballs.
- This Roasted Garlic Chicken & Penne meal is packed with 25g of protein.
- Add some flavor to your lunch break with Seafood Primavera!
- Everything is better with bacon, especially this Creamy Alfredo Mac & Cheese with Bacon!
- This Spaghetti & Meatballs meal only has 280 calories and is full of flavor.
- This Chicken with Spinach Fettuccine entree is the smart choice!
When it’s just the two of you (or three), these frozen pastas are perfectly portioned:
- Grab your skillet and cook up this satisfying Shrimp Scampi & Linguine!
- You’ll go crazy over this Manicotti with Sauce!
- There’s no need to make this dish from scratch when you can heat up Chicken Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo.
- Cheese lovers will fall in love with this Three Cheese Baked Ziti dish!
- There’s no need to go to a fancy Italian restaurant when you can cook up Ricotta & Lobster Ravioli at home!
For four or more of you, try out these frozen pastas and recipes:
- Making homemade lasagna can be intimidating—luckily you don’t have to with Three Meat and Four Cheese Lasagna.
- Spaghetti lovers will be mind blown when you serve this Baked Spaghetti for dinner!
- If you can’t decide between chicken or pasta for dinner, you don’t have to with Chicken Parmigiana & Penne.
- This Sauteed Tortellini with Grilled Vegetables is bursting with your favorite veggies!
- Macaroni and cheese connoisseurs will thoroughly enjoy this Vermont Cheddar Mac & Cheese.
- Step outside your comfort zone and try this Cranberry Pesto Pasta.
- Dinner is a breeze when you can make Creamy Chicken and Noodles in minutes!
- For a meatless dish, cook up delicious Vegetable Lasagna!
- You whole family will come running to the dinner table when you serve Weeknight Easy Linguine Alfredo.
- Enjoy this popular dish with a twist—Beef Ravioli Stroganoff
- Your taste buds will go bonkers after one bite of this Chicken Florentine and Farfalle!
- If you can’ decide between white or red sauce, make Penne Vodka with Broccoli!
What is your favorite kind of pasta? Share with us on social media @EasyHomeMeals!