Nourishing Meals to Celebrate National Nutrition Month!
March is National Nutrition Month, which is the perfect time to kick off the spring season with better eating choices! This annual campaign was created by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics to emphasize the importance of making informed food choices and developing sound eating and physical activity habits. You and your family can celebrate National Nutrition Month by checking out the frozen aisles, which have an abundance of delicious and easy-to-prepare recipe ideas for every meal of the day!
Not only are there tons of innovative products to choose from, frozen foods offer great benefits such as:
- Nutrition: Produce is picked at peak of ripeness and frozen within hours, locking in nutrients and flavor without change to the carbohydrate, protein, or fat content.
- Convenience: When you buy frozen fruits and veggies, the shelling, seeding and cutting are already done. You are paying for 100% edible food.
- Food Waste: No spoilage and money savings – eat only what you need and put the rest back in the freezer; freezing technology and eco-friendly packaging keep frozen foods fresher longer.
You can see even more frozen benefits in the Story of Frozen Food…From Farm to Table and Why Frozen is the Smart Choice infographics! Plus, these breakfast, lunch, dinner and better-for-you dessert recipes are perfect for National Nutrition Month:
- Love avocado toast? This Avocado Toast with Veggie Bacon recipe is sure to be a hit at the breakfast table!
- These Spinach, Egg & Cheese Medley Flatbread Breakfast Sandwiches are so easy to make and take on your morning routine!
- Always on-the-go? Grab a Turkey Sausage, Egg & Three Cheese Burrito for breakfast this morning!
- This Power Berry Smoothie Bowl is jam-packed with delicious fruits and protein.
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Zoodle Soup is a hearty way to enjoy your lunch hour.
- Try an Ancient Grain Asian Bowl for an oh-so-amazing lunch option!
- This Lemon Pepper Shrimp and Spinach Bowl is a tasty way to keep your day on track.
- Looking for bold flavors for your lunch? This White Bean & Feta Salad Power Bowl offers plenty of protein with feta cheese, white beans and roasted pepitas.
- Pair Teriyaki Beef with Frozen Riced Cauliflower Blend with Stir-Fry for an Asian-inspired meal everyone will love.
- Switch up your dinner with this Carrot Spirals with Grilled Chicken and Marinara Sauce for your family mealtime.
- Instead of ordering out, jump on the cauliflower crust bandwagon and make this Cauliflower Margherita Pizza for your pizza night!
- Try Herb-Baked Salmon on Asparagus for a light yet incredibly tasty dinner.
- This Cool ‘N Easy Strawberry Pie is super creamy and refreshing for a spring dessert!
- Made with only three ingredients, why not have a Tropical Smoothie as an after-dinner indulgence.
- These Mini Chocolate-Mousse Cheesecakes are perfectly portioned for a small treat!
- Phyllo Shortcakes with Strawberries & Raspberries is a lighter alternative this to this classic dessert.
What recipes or products will you try during National Nutrition Month? Share with us on social media @EasyHomeMeals!