National Ice Cream Month Indulgences
It’s National Ice Cream Month! Let the homage to all things ice cream begin! July was established as National Ice Cream Month in 1984 by President Ronald Reagan. The first mention of ice cream in America dates back to 1744. It wasn’t until the 1850s and many technological advancements later that it became widely available for the average family. Today, ice cream and novelties take many innovative forms with very unique flavors.
This month is the perfect time to stock up! You’ll find special deals on ice cream and novelties in many local supermarkets throughout July. Try one of our favorites:
- If brownie batter makes you lick the bowl, Chilly Cow’s Chocolate Brownie Batter light ice cream will have you drooling.
- Update a summer favorite with the fresh taste of strawberries with Blue Ribbon Classic’s Strawberry Banana Split.
- Nothing beats the heat better than the frosty bold flavors of a classic Bomb Pop!
- Capture the essence of a campfire tradition with Graeter’s S’mores ice cream.
- Nothing says vacation like the tropical flavors of Dove Mango Sorbet with Dark Chocolate.
- Don’t want to over-indulge? Check out Bubbies Mochi – little bites of ice cream heaven in so many delectable flavors.
- Get two great tastes of summer in one delicious dish with Blue Bunny’s Peaches and Ice Cream Pie.
- Snickers Ice Cream Cones are all the flavors of your favorite candy bar in a cone.
- This Waffle Cheesecake Supreme combines two favorite desserts into one simple recipe.
Whichever variety you choose, make sure it’s at top quality by following these safe handling and storing tips:
- Make the ice cream and novelties aisle your last stop
- Keep your frozen purchases in a separate section of the cart while shopping
- Pack your ice cream in an additional brown paper bag for the ride home
- Store your frozen treats in the main part of the freezer, not on the door, where they are subject to more fluctuating temperatures
So help us celebrate ice cream all month long by entering our Win Ice Cream & Novelties for a Year Coupon Giveaway! Enter until August 4. What is your go-to frosty summer treat? Share your favorites with us on social media @EsyHomeMeals.