Hooray for Vanilla Ice Cream Day
National Vanilla Ice Cream Day honors America’s favorite ice cream flavor! Vanilla is a flavoring that comes from the pods of the fruit of the vanilla orchid, a native plant of Mexico. Thomas Jefferson loved vanilla ice cream so much he produced a handwritten copy of a vanilla ice cream recipe in the 1780s, which is now housed at the Library of Congress. Today, it is one of the world’s most recognized flavors. Delicious on its own and even better in these ice cream concoctions. Try one of these favorite recipes to celebrate Vanilla Ice Cream Day.
Eat it with a spoon:
- All your favorite flavors of a Banana Split come together in a cute single-serve Banana Cream Split in a Jar.
- Boston Ice Cream Pie takes this classic dessert a step further by adding cool and creamy ice cream.
- Everyone will love this Ice Cream Delight – a family-sized dessert that’s sure to delight.
- Heat things up with the summer dessert of your dreams, Grilled Waffle Sundaes with Berry Sauce, guaranteed to bring smiles all around.
- These hot and cold Mexican Hot Fudge Sundaes will have you saying “Ole!”
- For all the coconut lovers out there, Toasted Coconut Caramel Ice Cream Pie is sure to satisfy any craving.
Hold it in your hand:
- Two of your favorite desserts are combined into one with these Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches.
- If your kids love pizza, they’ll go crazy over Ice Cream Pizza made with their choice of toppings.
- No need for utensils in this yummy Pumpkin Bread Ice Cream Sandwich.
- Freshly baked chocolate chip cookies and your favorite ice cream flavors combine in homemade Chocolate Dipped Ice Cream Sandwiches.
- Ice Cream on a stick just screams summer, and these Ice Cream Pops will make your kids squeal with delight.
- You’ll always be ready for unexpected guests with these Drop In Ice Cream Sandwiches in your freezer.
Sip it from a glass:
- Take a classic drink and make it mini sized with these Root Beer Float Shooters.
- Icy cold and refreshing Homemade Frozen Lemonade is the perfect summer drink.
- Is it a donut or a milkshake? The Maple Cider Donut Milkshake is the best of both worlds.
- Ginger Beer Floats are perfect for sharing and sipping on a hot summer day.
- Blend up this Ice Cream Peach Smoothie for a fruity delight!
This Vanilla Ice Cream Day, will you eat your ice cream plain or make it into an ice cream dessert? Share your favorite way to eat vanilla ice cream on our social channels using #EasyHomeMeals.