Hooray for Frozen Food Day!
March just so happens to be National Frozen Food Month, but on March 6, it is also Frozen Food Day. In 1984, President Ronald Reagan noted the American frozen food industry was celebrating its 54th year of service and dedicated an entire day to its accomplishments. Why are frozen foods so much hotter today then back then?
There has been a 26% increase of total U.S grocery shoppers shopping in the frozen food aisle in the last year. Today’s frozen food aisles cater to a larger variety of cultures and dietary needs than you may think. From vegan, organic, gluten-free, vegetarian and antibiotic-free meals, the frozen food aisle has it all and more! As dining habits and demands continue to change, the frozen food section is quickly expanding to meet those needs. With 3,700 frozen options to choose from, everyone from novice cooks and parents to chefs and foodies can create their own impressive food experience.
Today’s supermarket freezer aisles truly offer something for everyone no matter your lifestyle or dietary need.
- Go low-carb with Grilled Shrimp Skewers Over Riced Cauliflower.
- A selection of tasty veggie burgers are perfect for a Meatless Monday.
- You don’t have to give up sweet treats if you’re lactose intolerant with gourmet varieties of non-dairy ice cream!
- A high protein breakfast is easy with Veggie Breakfast Links to complement your eggs.
- Gluten-free never tasted better with a satisfying Uncured Bacon Mac and Cheese!
These meal ideas prove you don’t have to sacrifice delicious dishes and trendy flavors just because you’re in a hurry.
- Breakfast is covered with a tasty, effortless and crust-less Portabella, Kale & Quinoa Quiche.
- Get take-out quality Asian food without leaving the house with a quick Ramen Bowl.
- For comfort food at its best, try a satisfying Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese.
- A savory lunch can be ready in a snap with a White Wine Chicken and Couscous.
- Add a little spice to your life with Spicy Korean Style Noodles with Chicken that’s ready in minutes.
Up your foodie game with ease with so many cool ways to impress your family and guests that start in the frozen food aisle.
- Artisan flavored meatballs make entertaining elegant and simple.
- Phyllo cups are so versatile because you can go sweet or savory. Try Basil Balsamic Strawberries and Mascarpone Delights.
- Trendy flatbreads come with restaurant-quality toppings and unique flavor combinations.
- Get a gourmet dinner on the table in a flash any night of the week with this Crispy Adobo Chicken Entrée Kit.
- Complement your meal with an upscale, hearty side dish like Farro, Broccoli, Carrots and Chickpeas.
What frozen food items could you not live without? Share your Frozen Food Day essentials with us on social media @EasyHomeMeals.