Grilled Favorites for Father’s Day
Sunday, June 19 is the day we honor dads with Father’s Day. From changing diapers and holding onto your first two-wheeler bike to loaning you the car keys and teaching you to change a tire, many of us would be lost without the fundamental skills imparted to us by our dads. For such a unique guy, a traditional gift just won’t do. Whether your dad will be golfing, fishing, mowing the lawn or watching the game on Father’s Day, there’s always time for food!
Say “Thanks Dad!” by grilling up a tasty main course or unique side dish that is sure to leave him and his tummy happy.
For the main dish:
- Turkey Kebabs with Coriander are easy to cook and the spicy Thai-style marinade gives your turkey an extra boost of taste.
- Bring a taste of the islands to the grill. Teriyaki sauce and grilled pineapple make Aloha Salmon Burgers a little slice of paradise.
- Tomatoes, basil and fresh mozzarella make a tasty topping for a Tenderloin Caprese Sandwich.
- Barbeque glazed chicken breasts with portobello mushrooms and roasted tomatoes topped with Provolone makes for an Easy Cheesy Chicken Grill.
- For a no-fuss meal, try grilling this Twisted 6 Cheese Flatbread for a crispy crust and toasty cheese.
- Secure your position as Master Burger Maker with this Bacon & Creamy Blue Cheese Burgers. A secret ingredient makes the blue cheese mix so creamy!
To serve on the side:
- Sweet and juicy Grilled Peaches with Cottage Cheese is a delectable combination that can be served warm off the grill.
- Grill-icious Pierogy Kabobs combine your favorite grilled veggies with perfect little pasta and potato pockets.
- Put the “egg” in Eggplant with this unique take on Grilled Egg-plant complete with…you guessed it, an egg!
- Quick, grilled Fruit Salsa Bruschetta looks delicious and is a breeze to make.
- These Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp with Pineapple Sauce are sure to become a favorite at your next barbeque.
- As a side dish or incorporated into a salad, Grilled Watermelon with Sweet Corn and Balsamic Drizzle is the perfect combination of sweet and savory.
How will you say “Thanks Dad” this Father’s Day? Tell us in the comments below.