Grab a Slice—it’s National Pizza Month!
Calling all pizza lovers—October is National Pizza Month! The first pizzas were consumed sometime between the 1700s and early 1800s in Naples, Italy in a time where the majority of Neapolitans were poor. Ironically enough, many Italians judged their eating habits until 1889 when King Umberto I and Queen Margherita visited Naples and began the Italian pizza craze. While the pizza undoubtedly made its way to America after that, the first documented U.S. pizzeria did not open until 1905 in Manhattan.
We know that pizza has been around for hundreds of years, but what about our beloved frozen pizza? In the 1950s the Celentano Brothers were credited for being the first pizza brand. However, in the 1960s Totino’s became the best-selling frozen pizza in the U.S..Today, an entire aisle in the frozen food section is devoted to the many crust and topping variations of pizza. Research shows that 37 percent of us eat frozen pizza two-three times per month.
In celebration of National Pizza Month, we pulled together some of our favorite frozen pizzas and pizza recipes for breakfast, snack, lunch, dinner and even dessert!
- This Bruschetta Breakfast Pizza is perfect for a weekend brunch.
- Take your ordinary waffle up a notch and make Fruit and Waffle Breakfast Pizzas!
- Heat up a Bacon Scrambles Pizza when you’re craving pizza for breakfast.
- For a lighter pizza option, make a Breakfast Pizza with Homemade Hummus and Whole Wheat Dough.
- For a quick breakfast so you can get out the door fast, microwave these Sausage, Egg & Cheese Bagel Bites.
Classic Crust Pizzas:
- If you’re craving the cheesiest pizza, don’t call delivery, just bake up a 4 Cheese Pizza!
- Your whole family will love the naturally rising crust of this Pepperoni Pizza.
- Turn your favorite refrigerated biscuits into delicious Grands!® Barbecue Chicken Pizzas!
- If you’re all about the pizza toppings, try this Special Deluxe Pizza.
- Fire up your taste buds for this Chicken & Fire Roasted Vegetable Whole Grain Pizza.
- If a classic Italian pizza is more your style, heat up a Margherita Pizza.
- You won’t be able to resist this Super Sized Combination Pepperoni & Sausage Pizza!
- For chicken, bacon, ranch lovers, this Spicy Clucker Pizza is just for you!
Thin Crust Pizzas & Flatbreads:
- Keep it simple and delicious on pizza night with this tasty Tomato Sauce & Three Cheese.
- Add some worldly flair to your pizza night by making a Thai Chicken Pizza!
- If you want all the toppings, then pop this Thin & Crispy Supreme Pizza in the oven.
- Your family will absolutely devour this Uncured Pepperoni & Uncured Bacon pizza!
- Step up your pizza game by making Pulled Pork Pineapple & Jalapeno Flatbread Pizza with Watercress and BBQ Vinaigrette
- The freezer aisle has a pizza for everyone, like this Gluten Free Four Cheese Pizza!
- One bite and you’ll be adding this Mexican Shrimp Flatbread to your recipe repertoire,
- Everyone will come running to the dinner table when you serve this yummy Parmesan Crusted Chicken Alfredo Pizza!
- Being gluten-free doesn’t mean you can’t indulge in pizza—cook up a Gluten Free Pesto & Cheese.
- Make it a party by heating up a Sausage Party Pizza.
- If you’re dairy-free, enjoy a Farmer’s Tomato Pie!
Brick Oven Pizzas:
- There’s something extra special about this brick oven Pepperoni Pizza!
- For cheesy pizza lovers, choose this Cheese Trio Pizza.
- Add some unique flavor to your pizza night with this Spinach & Roasted Mushroom Pizza.
- For meat lovers, heat up a hearty Meat Trio Pizza!
Mini Pizzas & Other Pizza Varieties:
- These Supreme Bagel Bites make the perfect afternoon snack.
- Turn your English muffins into these scrumptious Southwest Shrimp, Bacon & Pineapple Pizzas.
- Whether for dinner or for snack, you need these 5 Cheese & Garlic French Bread Pizza Singles in your life!
- Whatever flavor you choose, these Pizza Rolls do not disappoint!
- If you’re a fan of deep dish pizza but you’re too far from Chicago, heat up these Deep Dish Cheese Mini Pizzas.
- This Fan Favorite Pizza Dip is everything you dreamed of and more!
- If you’re a mushroom fan, then try these Portobello, Spinach, and Pancetta Pizzas.
- Take your frozen bread dough and turn it into these tasty Pepperoni Bites.
- Whether you use ice cream or frozen yogurt, everyone will scream for joy over this Ice Cream Pizza!
- Turn your favorite sugar cookie dough into this Tutti Frutti Dessert Pizza.
- There’s no need for a campfire when you can make a decadent Grilled Chocolate Chip S’mores Pizza!
- For brownie and ice cream lovers, this Brownie Ice Cream Pizza is like heaven.
- This Fruit & Chocolate Pizza is unlike any dessert you’ve had before.
What is your favorite kind of pizza? Share with us on social media @EasyHomeMeals!