Give the Gift of Food This Holiday Season
Struggling to find hostess and holiday gifts this season? Culinary and food gifts are all the rage and what better way to get in on the current trends (we just love mason jars!) and surprise everyone with mouthwatering and beautiful personalized gifts. From the classic chocolate goodies to varieties of nuts and even homemade baking mixes, the options are endless. So, get imaginative and treat those you love with something they love!
Here are simple recipes for appetizers, desserts, and snacks to make for all your gifting needs:
- Parmesan Cheese Twists are easy to make because they use frozen puff pastry, cheese and herbs. How simple is that— even better, they look elegant when placed in a tall, clear jar that is wrapped with some twine + a holiday gift tag.
- Put a twist on your average cookie and recreate a Girl Scout favorite with Thin Mint Chocolate-Drizzled Pretzels that look even better packaged in festive bags tied with ribbon.
- Make this Holiday Feta Cheese Ball that is extra festive with green onions and red pepper ahead of time, place in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to send as a gift.
- Find the cutest, pint-size jelly jars and fill them with S’more Cupcakes that kids and adults alike will devour in minutes!
- Who doesn’t love a dab on butter on freshly baked bread, a steaming baked potato or on sautéed veggies? Give the gift of that keeps on giving with an assortment of flavored butters from strawberry, orange-cinnamon and maple.
- Are you hosting a holiday party this year? Send your guests home with the most adorable and yummy Reindeer Fudge!
Once you make all of your dishes, now it’s time to decorate! You will need a few crafty items to stock-up on before giving your gifts, so here is a short and sweet list of those you might want:
- Baker’s twine
- Chalkboard and wooden labels
- Jingle bells
- Jars of all sizes and shapes
What will you be making and gifting this holiday season? Let us know your great ideas for holiday food gifts in the comments below!