Get Your Fondue On for National Chocolate Covered Anything Day
With winter in full swing and Christmas right around the corner, holiday goodies and treats are taking over! Recipes might be all-things-peppermint, eggnog and gingerbread – but you can’t forget about chocolate. Today is National Chocolate Covered Anything Day, after all!
When you think of chocolate-covered, you might think of fondue. So what is fondue and where did it come from? Derived from the French word fondre which means “to melt”, fondue originated in Switzerland as a way to use hardened cheese. By the 1960s, chocolate fondue was introduced in America and became popular in households around the United States. Today, fondue has expanded and now includes the dipping of meats, cheeses, breads and desserts.
Check out these tips from POPSUGAR to Make Flawless Chocolate Fondue and give this Dark Chocolate Cherry Fondue recipe a whirl at your next party! Plus, you can keep these sweets in mind as dippers for your next fondue party:
- Whole fruits like strawberries, grapes and cherries
- Sliced fruits such as bananas, oranges and apples
- Fruit pieces like pineapples, honeydew and cantaloupe
- Marshmallows or small cookies
- Pieces of pound cake, doughnuts, cheesecake or croissants
Keep the chocolate party going and indulge in these chocolate-covered creations:
- Who knew it could be so easy to create these Raspberry Sorbet Chocolate Wine Bonbons?
- A match made in heaven – these Peanut Butter Chocolate Buckeyes will have you seeing stars!
- Love hazelnut? These Chocolate-Dipped Hazelnut Sandies use vegan ingredients and are delicious!
- These Toffee Almond No-Churn Ice Cream Pops are where it’s at! Top with toffee bits, nuts or sprinkles as a tasty garnish.
- Save yourself the effort with these chocolate-covered cream puffs! Serve with a Coconut Brown Sugar Sauce and try all the cream puff and mini éclair varieties.
While you’re at it, dive into these rich, chocolate-overload recipes and products:
- This Chocolate Fudge Layer Cake comes with these delectable layers and is ready to serve!
- If you love whipped topped and creamy filling, this Hershey’s Chocolate Crème Pie is the one for you!
- Mix in some cranberries and bake up these fudgy Cranberry Brownies from Scratch.
- This Chocolate Pomegranate Tart would be such an eye-catching dessert for your holiday
- As if you haven’t had enough already, get your fix with this Rich Chocolate Cake!
If you’d rather sip your dessert, try these chocolate beverage and drink recipes:
- Complete your evening with a Peppermint Mocha Caffe Mocha on a chilly night.
- Stir it up! This Chocolatini is perfect for chocolate lovers.
- It doesn’t get any easier than this delish, two-ingredient Chocolate Coffee Milkshake!
- Like it fruity? There’s nothing like a Strawberry Hot Chocolate to bring you back to those warm summer days.
What’s your favorite way to indulge with chocolate? Share your fave recipe, tip or fondue trick in the comments below!