Embrace These Holiday Flavors for National Cookie Day
December is here, which means it’s officially cookie season and time to prep for the holidays! Whether your traditions include trimming the tree, decking out the house in bright lights, watching holiday movies and/or starting an official countdown to Christmas, there’s a good chance sweets are involved. Recipes with traditional holiday flavors such as peppermint, gingerbread, red velvet, eggnog are flooding Pinterest and getting bakers in the spirit!
Cookies are one of the most popular baked goods during this season – there’s just something special about getting together with family and baking or sharing delicious Christmas cookies with one another. You may even be attending a cookie exchange or hosting a cookie swap of your own! If you need some pointers on how to organize a great cookie exchange, check out this detailed checklist from Real Simple.
Embrace National Cookie Day and the holiday season with these adorable cookie characters and ideas:
- Get creative and start stacking! Powdered Sugar Snowmen Cookies are created with stackable cookies and embellished with fun accessories.
- Get a little bit of salty and a little bit of sweet with Santa’s Reindeer Cookies.
- Now that the real tree is trimmed, you can have fun decorating these Holiday Cookie Trees!
- Melted Snowman Cookies are so cute, it’ll be difficult to bite into them!
Sugar cookies come in all shapes and varieties! Try these recipes on for size:
- Ornament Cookies are as festive as it gets! Ice or top these cookies with your favorite sprinkles.
- Break out your holiday cookie cutters – Christmas Sugar Cookies are classic as can be.
- These Cookie Cutter Sugar Cookies use lighter ingredients for those conscious eaters!
- Make Christmas Tree Sandwich Cookies with Pillsbury’s adorable Ready to Bake Shape Christmas cookies.
- Peppermint Chocolate Crinkle Cookies not only look neat, but they’re also pretty delicious too!
- Attention mint lovers: feast your taste buds on these White Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Oatmeal Cookies.
- Healthier Mint Chocolate Stars are the perfect pairing of your favorite seasonal flavor.
- Another cookie classic with a holiday spin – Mint and Chocolate Truffle Cookies served with milk- is sure to hit to spot!
- Whip up sweet and simple Ginger Cookies for your next holiday get together.
- Make your own gingerbread man with this Easy Gingerbreads. Use a fine frosting tip to outline the cookie and add buttons and a face!
- These pretty Gingerbread Cookies sparkle just like the snow falling outside.
- Molasses and ginger unite to make Grandma’s Ginger Snapettes hard to stay away from!
Wrap up your holiday cookie exchange with these fun, holiday flavors:
- Cranberry-Stuffed Eggnog Cookies aren’t as complicated as they sound! Eggnog drizzle on top completes this unique recipe.
- Frosted Red Velvet Cookies topped with cream cheese frosting will have you coming back for more.
- Hot chocolate isn’t just for your mug! These Hot Chocolate Pudding Cookies taste just as delicious as the toasty treat.
- Can’t forget about sweet snickerdoodles – Santa’s Cinnamon Roll Cookies are a combination of gooey cinnamon rolls and sugary snickerdoodles!
Did we miss any of your favorite holiday cookie recipes? Share your faves in the comments below!