Crazy for Quinoa: 25 Quinoa Recipes and Ideas to Try
Quinoa; you’ve seen it across the internet and have heard people talk about it for some time now, but what is it exactly? Quinoa (pronounced KEEN-wah) is a seed that’s often mistaken as a grain. While not technically a grain, quinoa does count as a whole-grain food that is filled with nutrients, vitamins and minerals. Just one cup contains 8g of protein, 5g of fiber, all of the essential amino acids, antioxidants and the list goes on. Quinoa is a great option for those that have a gluten intolerance as it is gluten-free.
Health benefits aside, quinoa is so versatile, is easy to prepare and tastes delicious. Whether you’re trying to eat healthier, explore new foods or adapt a more plant-based diet, give quinoa a try!
What better way to wake up than with a quinoa-filled breakfast:
- As we said in our previous post, bowls are all the rage and we’re raging over this Southwestern Quinoa and Egg Breakfast Bowl.
- If you’re an avid oatmeal-for-breakfast eater, give this Cinnamon Breakfast Quinoa a try!
- We won’t even miss the crust in these Quinoa & Spinach Crustless Quiches
- These protein-packed Quinoa Salsa Egg Muffins are great for when you are on-the-go.
- Quinoa tastes great in these sweet and salty Cherry Almond Quinoa Granola Bars.
- Whip up this Avocado & Quinoa Open-faced Omelet for breakfast.
- Like cottage cheese, quinoa can thicken up a smoothie like in this Strawberry Swirl Shake.
Enjoy these quinoa dishes for lunch for dinner:
- If you are obsessed with caprese as much as we are, then you must make this Quinoa Caprese Salad!
- These Quinoa Fritters with Sweet Potatoes & Kale make a great side dish but can also be enjoyed as the main attraction.
- For a light lunch, toss together a Quinoa Berries Walnuts Salad.
- This All-in-One Quinoa Bowl is simple to make, veggie-packed, and delicious!
- These Quinoa & Spinach Turkey Meatballs with Pomegranate Glaze are bursting with flavors.
- All the prep-work is done in this Mango Quinoa Salad using frozen mango chunks.
- With it being National Soup Month, this Cheesy Cauliflower, Kale and Quinoa Soup is calling your name!
- These Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers area great weeknight meal.
- This Southwest Quinoa Bowl will definitely become a new family staple.
- Enjoy the tanginess of this Mexican Quinoa Salad.
- When the weather outside is frightful, warm up with a bowl of this Chipotle-Quinoa Chili.
- This Quinoa, Corn and Basil Salad is super easy to prepare using frozen corn.
- Stuck at work? Heat up a Roasted Vegetables & Garlic Herb Quinoa Bowl for lunch.
- Whether you’re vegan or trying to eat more dairy-free, make Dairy-Free Stuffed Bell Peppers With Vegan Queso Sauce.
- Burrito bowl connoisseurs won’t be disappointed with this Loaded Quinoa Burrito Bowl!
- If you are a fan of risotto, you’ll enjoy the similarities in this Quinoa with Broccoli, Cheese & Bacon dish.
- For a lighter meal that isn’t light on taste, make Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Salad.
- This Sweet Sausage, Kale & Quinoa Stuffing makes for a flavorful side dish.
- If you like stuffed peppers, then you’ll love this Quinoa Stuffed Squash.
- Craving a burger you don’t have to feel guilty about? Grill up a Roasted Garlic & Quinoa Burger!
What’s your favorite way to enjoy quinoa? Share with us on social media @EasyHomeMeals.