Attention All Cupcake Lovers: The Day Is Here!
There’s a food holiday for nearly every occasion and cupcakes are no exception. Today is the official National Cupcake Lovers Day! So where did cupcakes come from you may ask? At the turn of the century, multi-cupcake molded tins became more popular and available to the general public, leading to consumers baking the mini-sized dessert. The corporatization of the first mass-produced cupcake, the Hostess CupCake with its chocolate cake and signature white frosting squiggle that is still available today, also contributed to the popularity of the cupcake. And in the 1940s and 1950s, baking at home became easier with the introduction of box cake mixes.
Since then, cupcakes and gourmet cupcakes have risen even more in popularity. Cupcake shops have popped up in every town and people can’t get enough of the versatile dessert. Cupcakes have even become a hugely popular trend at weddings as an alternative to the classic wedding cake. After all, you can make virtually any flavor combination, filling and topping imaginable!
- Trending this year are all things lemon—and Lemon Bliss Cupcakes are no exception!
- Enjoy a fun combo of two favorite flavors with Coconut Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Coconut Chocolate Ganache.
- Get the fiesta started with these Strawberry Margarita Cupcakes!
- Keep it calm, cool and collected with Key Lime Cupcakes!
- These Pina Colada Cupcakes are sure to hit the spot on a hot day by the pool.
- If you like grapefruit then you’ll surely love these Butter Cupcakes with Grapefruit Buttercream.
- Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes are better than a dream—they’re a tasty reality!
Or for cupcakes the other three seasons, go with these flavors:
- Pumpkin spice everywhere doesn’t stop with Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes!
- Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting made with this secret ingredient are a dessert you can’t go wrong with.
- Share the love by serving up these moist Red Velvet Cupcakes with a delectable cream cheese frosting.
- Timeless all year-round, Toasted Almond Cupcakes with Caramel Frosting are a sweet and nutty treat!
- Pop the bubbly and whip up Champagne Cupcakes that you can have at any party, holiday or gathering!
- These adorable Hazelnut Caramel Blondie Mini Cupcakes with Coffee Frosting are made with liquid coffee creamer!
- Since there’s no such thing as too much chocolate bake up these Chocolate-Dipped Buttercream Cupcakes!
- Enlightened Carrot Cupcakes are a classic cake flavor perfect for any of the seasons.
- Who can resist the combo of chocolate and peanut butter? Bake up Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcakes—no one will be able to tell that they’re gluten-free!
Now that we’ve got you covered for the whole year, what cupcake recipes do you like to bake? Share in the comments below!