All the Pasta-bilities!
Sure, the late fall and winter seasons have their ups and downs, but one thing that never fails to put a smile on anyone’s face is a heaping plate of pasta—the perfect comfort food! Winter is one of the best times to work on your pasta skills because you have a wide variety of options to choose from, and when it’s chilly outside, nothing warms you up like a bowl of your favorite kind of noodle. Buzzfeed rounded-up 27 of their most delicious pasta recipes (check it out here), and we’ve pulled out some of our favorites.
Below are seven varieties of pasta you can fill your plate with this winter, but they are some of the best—in our opinion! Try your hand at any of the these recipes or make your life a bit easier and more convenient by stocking up on frozen pasta entrées—they even come in single or family size portions. And a bonus of frozen pasta, such as lasagna, is the cost. Did you know homemade lasagna costs three times the price of frozen and takes 1-2 hours longer? So stock up this winter and get a bang for your buck!
- Stuffed Baked Shells: We can’t resist the creaminess of these ricotta cheesed-filled shells.
- Stuffed Shells alla Vodka: Pre-made and pulled straight from the freezer, Bertolli’s frozen pasta entrées are indulgent and definitely worth it!
- Manicotti Cordon Bleu: A pasta favorite and a classic French dish combined in one mouthwatering recipe!
- Manicotti with Sauce: Cheesy and full of flavor, Michael Angelo’s convenient, frozen pasta dishes should always be on-hand for last-minute dinners.
- Cheese Lovers’ Mac & Cheese: Cheddar, Mozzarella and Muenster cheese pair nicely to make one decadent mac and cheese.
- Macaroni & Cheese: Make dinnertime a breeze and have a taste of nostalgia with this cheesy-licious Stouffer’s classic!
- Hearty Veggie Lasagna: Meat lovers and vegetarians alike will devour this hearty, soul-warming lasagna on a cold winter night.
- Vegetable Lasagna: No time to make lasagna from scratch? No problem!
- Baked Ziti Supremo: Sure to become everyone’s fast favorite, this delicious dish is great for entertaining.
- Baked Ziti with Meatballs: The meatballs take this entrée to a whole new level!
- Gnocchi with Edamame & Vegetables: Super quick to assemble and tastes perfectly homemade.
- Skinny Gnocchi with Spinach and Mozzarella: We can’t resist the combination of gnocchi and spinach!
- Cheese Tortellini with Peas and Pancetta: Why not step outside the marinara box and try this unique tortellini meal using frozen tortellini!
- Three Cheese Tortellini: Even during busy weeknights you can still enjoy this scrumptious Italian dish.
What pasta variety is your favorite? Share with us your favorite pasta recipes and entrées in the comments below!