32 Simple and Satisfying Dinner Ideas for Family Meals Month
Numerous studies show that home-cooked meals nourish the spirit, brain and health of all family members. In fact, children who participate in family mealtime can be 12 percent less likely to be overweight and more likely to eat healthy foods, succeed academically and have improved mental health. With Family Meals Month half way over, we wanted to share these easy and tasty dinner ideas that will bring everyone running to the dinner table.
- There’s no need to make pot pie from scratch when you can bake up this family-size Chicken Pot Pie.
- Everyone will gather round’ the table for this scrumptious Bacon Cheeseburger Crescent Ring!
- Pair Lasagna with Meat Sauce + Five Cheese Texas Toast + a garden salad for an easy family dinner.
- Enjoy dinner from across the globe without leaving home with this one-pot Indian-Spiced Veggie Skillet!
- Skip the carry-out and cook up General Tso’s Chicken and Sticky White Rice at home.
- These Easy Meatball Subs are as tasty as they are simple to make!
- Add a kick to your dinner table with these Green Chile Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts.
- Put down the phone and instead bake up a Brick Oven Sausage Supreme Pizza for pizza night.
- Whether for #MeatlessMonday or any day of the week, make Hearty Veggie Chili.
- Your family will totally devour this Vermont White Cheddar Mac and Cheese!
- This Better Bruschetta Chicken Salad is made easy using grilled chicken strips and is ready in under 30 minutes.
- Feel guilt-free serving this Pork Fried Cauliflower Rice to your family.
- When you don’t feel like cooking dinner from scratch, Garlic Shrimp Pasta is here to save the day!
- Switch up your #TacoTuesday and make Taco Lasagna!
- Pair Eggplant Parmigiana + Breadsticks with Real Garlic for an easy Italian dinner.
- For the chilly evenings, this Mediterranean Tortellini Soup will fit the bill.
- Bake up Cheesy Chicken and Rice and watch it disappear fast!
- This All-in-One Pork Chop Dinner is super simple when you use frozen broccoli and cheese + refrigerated mashed potatoes.
- You definitely need to add Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Rollups to your recipe repertoire!
- Give your favorite burritos a fun twist with this Cheesy Burrito Casserole recipe.
- Whether you’re watching your team play or gearing up for game-night, bake up a Super Sized Uncured Pepperoni Pizza!
- Enjoy breakfast for dinner with this recipe for Garlic Shrimp and Butter Grits!
- These Chinatown Meatballs are delicious served over white rice.
- If you like cheese steaks, then you’ll love these Cheesesteak Pierogies.
- Pair Chicken Pad Thai + Vegetable Mini Egg Rolls for an Asian dinner the whole family will love!
- For your picky eaters, bake up a Tomato Sauce & Three Cheese Pizza.
- This Fajita Chicken and Rice meal goes from the skillet to table in minutes.
- For comfort food without all the work, heat up a family-size Shepherd’s Pie!
- This Baked Cheese Ravioli takes ravioli to a whole new level!
- For a unique take on enchiladas, make these yummy Popcorn Shrimp Enchiladas!
- When time is off the essence, cook up Italian Sausage & Rigatoni in a skillet.
- Add some unique flavors to your ordinary casserole with Tandoori Chicken and Rice Casserole.
What’s your favorite family dinner? Share with us on social media @EasyHomeMeals and remember to use the hashtag #FamilyMealsMonth!
 Cook, Eliza and Rachel Dunifon. (2012). “Do Family Meals Really Make a Difference?” Parenting in Context. Cornell University College of Human Ecology: Department of Policy Analysis and Management. Web. 17 April, 2014.