29 Perfect Ways to Honor National Pancake Day
Today is National Pancake Day! Whether you call them pancakes, hotcakes, flapjacks or griddlecakes, they’re a classic American breakfast food. Pancakes are popular across the world and have been around for centuries. It’s believed that the origins of pancakes trace back over 30,000 years ago during the Stone Age. In fact, researchers have found pancakes in the stomach of Otzi the Iceman, human remains from 5,300 years ago.
Pancakes are served for breakfast, lunch, and dinner all over the world and come in many variations, shapes, sizes and flavors. To celebrate Pancake Day, we’ve rounded up some of the fluffiest pancake recipes and frozen pancakes:
- These Minis Buttermilk Pancakes are perfect for before-school breakfasts for your littles!
- Rise and shine with these tasty Morning Pancakes using plain lowfat yogurt.
- Surprise your family with these melt-in-your-mouth Banana-Chocolate Chip Pancakes!
- Just because it’s officially fall doesn’t mean you can’t celebrate with these Lemon Blueberry Pancakes.
- Conquer your busy day with these Maple Brown Sugar Power Flapjacks!
- We’ve always heard baking with sour cream equals moist baked goods, so we can only imagine how yummy these Daisy Sour Cream Pancakes are!
- You’ll be saying “holy cannoli!” after one bite of these delightful Cannoli Flapjacks!
- Start the day on a good note with these citrusy Orange Pancakes.
- Treat your kiddos to these fun Pancake Parfaits using frozen pancakes.
- Pumpkin lovers will go crazy over these Pumpkin Spice Pancakes!
- You’ve never tasted savory and sweet quite like these Apple & Bacon Puff Pancakes.
- Brighten up your day with these Praline Peach Pancakes.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth with these Chocolate Chip Pancakes – or enjoy them on-the-go in Bites form!
- For a dairy-free breakfast, whip up these Vegan Blueberry Pancakes with Almond Milk.
- Delight in these berry good Strawberries and Cream Pancakes!
- Treat your family to these decadent Red Velvet Pancakes!
- Don’t let your diet or lifestyle restrict you from participating, cook up these Gluten Free, Vegan Flaxmilk Pancakes.
- Welcome the fall season with these Cinnamon Apple Pancakes that look, smell and taste amazing!
- Heat up these Maple Pancakes that don’t even need syrup!
- Enjoy your favorite dessert during breakfast with these Carrot Cake Pancakes with Cashew Cream Frosting!
- Coffee creamer isn’t just for your morning cup of Joe! Try these luscious Chocolate Raspberry Pancakes.
- These Pancakes & Sausage on a Stick are meant for your little ones’ hands!
- Frozen fruit comes in handy to make these tropical Mango Pineapple Sauced Pancakes.
- We’re over the moon for these rich Ricotta Blueberry Pancakes.
- Why go through the trouble of slicing bananas and making them from scratch when you can heat up these Banana Pancakes!
- It’s never too early to enjoy your favorite holiday flavors like these Nog Pancakes!
- Tantalize your taste buds with these unique Sweet Potato Pancakes with Orange Juice Syrup.
- The flavor combinations are endless with these Greek Yogurt Pancakes.
- For a thinner version of a pancake, try these seasonal Pumpkin Spice Crepes.
How do you like your pancakes? Share with us on social media @EasyHomeMeals.