27 Radiant Ways to Celebrate National Ravioli Day
Happy National Ravioli Day! You can trace this popular stuffed pasta back to the 14th century – and the word itself comes from an old Italian word riavvolgere which (appropriately) means “to wrap.” During its beginnings, raviolis were filled with leftover ingredients from other recipes and served with a sauce or broth. Now fillings can range from gourmet cheese to spinach, herbs, beef, lobster, chicken, buttersquash and more! Ravioli is an Italian food, but many other cultures have similar stuffed dishes, like China’s wonton, Asia’s samosa, India’s gujiya and the Jewish cuisine kreplach. Today you can even enjoy fried raviolis! Enjoy National Ravioli Day by trying your hand at these rich ravioli recipes.
Who doesn’t love cheese? These cheesy ravioli dishes are ready to be devoured:
- Keep it simple with this classic Easy Cheesy Ravioli recipe!
- Add a crispy topping to your pasta with this Baked Cheese Ravioli.
- This extra Creamy Spinach-Parmesan Ravioli is all you need after a long day.
- Gluten Free Cheese Ravioli and Spinach Casserole is a dinner winner everyone can enjoy!
- Grab this quick and easy Cheese Ravioli in Mushroom Cream for your lunch today.
- It’s like lasagna but oh-so-easy! This Layered Ravioli Bake takes no time at all to prepare.
- Kick things up a notch with this Mexican Gluten-Free Cheese Ravioli Bowl!
These veggie ravioli options are great for lunch or dinner:
- Grab the kids for assembly of this Weeknight Spinach Ravioli Lasagna!
- Butternut Squash & Sage Ravioli is tossed in a tasty garlicky sauce.
- Simple ingredients make an unforgettable meal of Cheese Ravioli with Sautéed Vegetables!
- It’s easy to make your own ravioli – just give these Vegetable Ravioli Dippers a try!
- Just 15 minutes is all that stands between you and Quick Ravioli with Mushrooms.
- Florentine Ravioli is a colorful pasta dish that’s ready to enjoy in minutes..
- Sun-dried tomatoes and a creamy sauce bring this Tuscan Tomato Basil Cream Ravioli to life.
Ravioli pairs perfectly with these meaty meals:
- Have leftover ham? This Swiss, Ham & Cheese Ravioli Bake will take care of it!
- Beef Ravioli with Pesto is a effortless yet tasty 10-minute meal.
- Instead of fettuccine Alfredo, check out this dreamy Alfredo Ravioli recipe!
- Mini Round Cheese Ravioli Buffalo Chicken Salad is topped with none-other than blue cheese and celery!
- Broccoli and bacon pair perfectly together in this Quick & Easy Ravioli with Bacon dish.
- Four Cheese Ravioli & Chicken Marinara is complete with a zesty sauce and Parmesan cheese!
- Savory mushrooms and a creamy sauce make this Beef Ravioli Stroganoff so delish.
Try these other creamy ravioli mealtime ideas:
- Missing this fall flavor? This Quick Pumpkin Ravioli is a great meal to prepare if you’re short on time.
- Three ingredients are all this Browned Butter Ravioli takes from start to finish!
- Topped with basil and cracked black pepper, this Baked Ravioli is certainly a crowd-pleaser.
- Salmon and fresh veggies make this Cheese Ravioli with Smoked Salmon in a Dill, Greek Yogurt Sauce a flavorful dinner option!
- Heat up this Portabella & Goat Cheese Ravioli entree with an inviting creamy basil sauce.
- This Gluten-Free Cheese Ravioli Caprese Salad with a Balsamic Glaze is a fresh dish perfect for warmer weather!
How do you like your ravioli? Share with us on social media @EasyHomeMeals!