25 Splendid Recipes Starring Frozen Spinach
Happy National Spinach Day! If you asked us when we were kids, we wouldn’t be so thrilled about spinach and especially a holiday to celebrate it. Thankfully our taste buds mature as we get older! While not everyone appreciates this leafy vegetable, there are tons of benefits to incorporating it into your diet. Spinach is a dark green “superfood” that is low calorie and loaded with nutrients. Spinach is important for skin, hair and bone health, and can help manage diabetes, lower your risk of cancer and decrease high blood pressure. Just one cup of spinach contains .86 grams (g) of protein, 81g of iron, 30 milligrams (mg) of calcium, 24mg of magnesium, 167mg of potassium and many other vitamins and minerals.
While spinach can be eaten raw, it is also a versatile ingredient while cooking. We love using frozen spinach in our recipes because you can buy it pre-chopped and it has a longer shelf life. You can say goodbye to wilting spinach in your fridge! The best way to defrost frozen spinach is to nuke it in the microwave for a few minutes and squeeze the water out with paper towels, or warm it over low heat on the stove and strain excess water with a mesh sieve or colander.
Pick up these varieties of spinach in the frozen food aisle:
Enjoy these splendid recipes using frozen spinach:
- Fire up your grill to make these Texas Spinach Melts!
- Please your crowd with this delicious Warm Spinach, Artichoke and Crab Dip!
- Start your day with delightful Spinach Cheddar Quiche.
- Change up your ordinary stuffed shells and make Meatball Stuffed Shells with Spinach.
- No one will be able to resist this mouthwatering Spinach-Alfredo Skillet Dip!
- Your spring celebration needs these Bruschetta Spinach Bites
- Add some flavor to your evening with these scrumptious Spinach Calzones.
- Turn your ordinary chicken dinner into extraordinary with this recipe for Chicken-Parmesan Bundles!
- Warm up on chilly spring nights with a bowl of this Cheese Tortellini and Spinach Soup.
- Add some flair to your pizza night with this Greek Spinach Phyllo Pizza!
- Blend up an Easy Tropical Green Smoothie and reap the nutritional benefits.
- These Spinach Brioche Rolls are sure to surprise after one bite!
- These Mushrooms Stuffed with Spinach are perfect for a party appetizer.
- Up your chicken dinner game by making this Spinach Dip Chicken.
- Impress your guests by serving Spanakopita at your dinner party!
- This Quick Italian Spinach Pie is packed with protein and flavor.
- Three Cheese Vegetable Lasagna is perfect for #MeatlessMonday or anytime!
- Everyone can enjoy this Gluten-Free Cheese Ravioli and Spinach Casserole.
- This Stuffed Spinach Pizza is sure to become a family favorite!
- Cheese lovers will go crazy over this Cheesy Spinach Dip!
- We bet you never thought of adding spinach to this classic casserole–Creamy Spinach Tuna Casserole.
- This hearty Creamy Spinach Mushroom Soup i just what you need on a chilly night.
- Pack on the veggies at dinnertime with this Spinach and Artichoke on a Cauliflower Pizza Crust!
- Serve this Original Ranch Spinach Dip cold and in a bread bowl.
- This Spinach Potato Bake is a budget-friendly mealtime solution!
What’s your favorite recipe using frozen spinach? Share with us on social media @EasyHomeMeals!