24 Unbeatable Recipes for National Egg Month
January is National Egg Month and in the beginning of the year, which is a great time to explore the benefits of eating eggs! One egg alone has 13 essential vitamins and minerals and is packed full of high-quality protein. Did you know eggs come in more than just Large and Jumbo sizes? There’s Pee Wee, Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, Jumbo and Super Jumbo – a size for every occasion. There’s also no difference between brown and white eggs – just that the hen that laid the eggs has either brown or white ears. Another fun fact is that the chance of finding a double-yolked egg is about 1/1000 – so if you find one, consider yourself lucky!
Try these outstanding breakfast recipes featuring the star of the show – eggs!
- Who said you can’t have tacos for breakfast? These Egg, Green Chile and Cheese Breakfast Tacos are fun and great for getting the kids involved with preparing breakfast!
- Guests spent the night? Make their morning bright with this shareable Southwestern Style Sheet Pan Breakfast!
- Make a these grab-and-go Mini Chile-Bacon Egg Muffins for a quick, bite-size morning snack or meal.
- These Breakfast Avocado Boats with Shredded 4 State Cheddar Cheese are so colorful and delicious!
- With prep time under ten minutes, this Cheesy Egg Bake provides plenty for the whole family.
- Take your avocado toast to the next level with these Gourmet Breakfast Toast with Poached Eggs recipes – you won’t be disappointed!
Eggs don’t have to be exclusive to breakfast – check out these yummy lunchtime recipes:
- Served atop your favorite bread or English muffins, this Cottage Egg Salad is oh-so-creamy!
- The Filling Station Cheeseburger lives up to its name – this burger is complete with a fried egg, bacon and caramelize onions!
- Trying to heat up on a chilly day? This Egg Drop Soup will warm up your belly in no time.
- Served with a salad or your favorite sandwich, these Favorite Topped Deviled Eggs are the perfect side for your lunch.
- Kick your BLT a notch by making this Cheesy BLT & E!
For a more hearty, dinner menu, try these egg-inspired recipes:
- Comfort food at its finest, this Cheesy Ham and Egg Bubble-Up Bake is plenty for the whole dinner table!
- These fluffy Pepper Jack Souffles are a traditional yet dreamy dish the whole family will love.
- Italian-Style Shakshuka with Garlic Toast is an Israeli staple dish everyone is sure to enjoy.
- Master the art of phyllo dough with this Gibanica (Phyllo Cheese Pie) – everyone will be impressed!
- This Meatball Lasagna (Neopolitan Style) is the sauciest of dinners – serve with a homemade salad or cheesy garlic bread!
- Get your servings of veggies in with this tasty Ham & Vegetable Torta.
- Serve this “Brinner” Grilled Cheese with a warm bowl of tomato soup.
It’s always great to have eggs on-hand so that you can make dessert at any given moment!
- This creamy, custard-y Flan recipe is a classic Mexican dessert for any occasion.
- These Cranberry Ginger Pear Muffins are perfectly in season and great for an after-dinner delight.
- 5-Ingredient Lemon Bars require just five ingredients and are so easy to throw together!
- Nothing says a decadent dessert more than Caramel Apple Upside-Down Cake.
- What better combo than peanut butter and chocolate – this Peanut butter Chocolate Cheesecake is to die for!
- Bake up this Peach-Blueberry Egg Bread Bake and drizzle with warmed maple syrup.
Now that you’ve made delicious egg recipes, what do you do with the leftover eggshells? Check out these 20 Ways to Recycle Eggshells from our friends at Vital Farms. And don’t forget to tag us @EasyHomeMeals on social media with your favorite egg recipes!