24 Marvelous Recipes Using Frozen Meatballs
Did you know today is National Meatball Day?! There is so much to love about these versatile meat concoctions. While meatballs are most commonly associated as an Italian food (mmm spaghetti and meatballs 😉 ), the origin of meatballs is a mystery. The most widely accepted theory is that meatballs come from the Persian dish, “Kofta” which has many variations of preparation but essentially means, “pounded meat”. It’s typically of minced or ground beef, chicken, pork, or lamb, mixed with rice, bulgur or mashed lentils. From there, this concept was passed onto the Arabs, and then most likely traveled along trade routes to Greece, North Africa and Spain.Today, you’ll find meatballs in every major culture across the globe.
With so many meatball varieties in the frozen food section of your supermarket, there’s no need to ever make them from scratch! Whether you’re looking for home-style, Italian style, Turkey, Swedish, vegetarian, Angus beef or even gluten free, the freezer aisle has you covered.
In celebration of Meatball Day, we’re sharing 24 of our favorite recipes, starring frozen meatballs!
- Grab a warm bowl of gumbo and relax on national Meatball Day with Meatball Gumbo.
- Sticky Honey Garlic Slow Cooker Meatballs are the star of your dinner when you start with frozen ingredients!
- Add some ethnic flavor to your meatballs with this recipe for Curry Meatballs.
- Frozen veggies and meatballs star in this delicious dish of Baked Zucchini Spirals and Meatballs Parmesan.
- Winter weather is still lingering around. Grab a warm bowl of Instant Pot Albóndigas – Mexican Meatball Soup.
- Your favorite soft drink pairs well with meatballs in this recipe for Cherry Coke Meatballs with Jalapeno.
- Is it a soup or a stew? It’s both – Chicken & Meatball Parmesan “Stoup”!
- Savor some Greek flavor for lunch or dinner with this Turkey Meatball Gyro.
- Easy Meatball Stroganoff is a simple and flavorful way to bring some flavor to the dinner table.
- Add some meatballs to your pizza plans with a Meat Lover’s Pizza Bake.
- Give your pasta night a fun twist and serve up Meatball Stuffed Shells with Spinach!
- Rigatoni & Turkey Meatball Soup is a lighter alternative to your soup options!
- These Cheesy Meatball Biscuit Bombs are seriously the bomb!
- Meatballs for breakfast? Yes please! Whip up these Southwestern Breakfast Burritos to kick off your morning.
- Apple Butter Crockpot Meatballs are a time savor using both a slow cooker and frozen ingredients!
- These sandwiches are made on gluten free rolls so everyone can enjoy the sweet Hawaiian flavor of Tangy Hawaiian Sandwich.
- It’s pizza time! Lay out some flavor on a Meatball, Caramelized Onion and Gorgonzola Pizza.
- Add some flair to your Taco Tuesday with these Meatball Street Tacos!
- Mediterranean Meatball Grilled Cheese is a meat-filled flavor boost to a classic melted cheese sandwich.
- Breakfast never tasted so yummy with a Meatball Quiche!
- Chinatown Meatballs are a sweet surprise to your classic Chinese dish!
- Warm up with a bowl of classic Homemade Italian Wedding Soup.
- Whether for an appetizer or snack, these Phyllo Meatballs will be a huge hit!
- Kick the dinnertime flavor into over-drive with this spicy Southwestern Meatball Soup.
What’s your favorite way to eat meatballs? Share your recipes and photos on social media and use the hashtag #easyhomemeals!