21 Cheesy Recipes for National Cheeseburger Day
It’s National Cheeseburger Day! Today is the perfect excuse to enjoy this American classic sandwich. But who do we have to thank for inventing the cheeseburger and when exactly was it invented? While it’s impossible to know for sure who actually created America’s first cheeseburger, there is speculation that cheese was eaten on a hamburger beginning in the 1920s. Many food historians credit 16-year-old Lionel Sternberger for slapping a slice of American cheese onto a cooking hamburger in 1924 at his father’s sandwich shop, the Rite Spot, in Pasadena, California. However, the Sternbergers called their creation a “cheese hamburger.” The first sandwich to actually be called a “cheeseburger” was at Charles Kaelin’s restaurant in Louisville, Kentucky in 1934.
Whatever your favorite cheeseburger fixings, you don’t have to enjoy this culinary delight on a bun or even as a sandwich. Celebrate at home by trying these traditional and unique cheeseburger recipes.
- A warm and delicious Cheeseburger Dip is perfect for game day or as an appetizer at your next party.
- Add a little onion, pickle and Thousand Island dressing to this Quick and Easy Cheeseburger pocket and you have a lunch the whole family will love.
- All the traditional cheeseburger condiments top these meatless Spicy Black Bean Cheeseburgers for all the classic taste.
- If you like your food a little hot and spicy, a Cilantro Aioli Southwest Cheeseburger will hit the hot spot.
- This simple Cheeseburger Mac combines two favorite comfort foods into one tasty dish.
- With pasta on the bottom, pickles on the top and a beefy mixture sandwiched in between, Cheeseburger Spaghetti Pie is a hearty dish that’s sure to please.
- Two favorite foods come together in these perfectly bite-sized Cheeseburger Tator Tot Bites.
- This Whiskey, Onions and Mushroom Burger is a classic mushroom and onion burger with a little something extra.
- Looking to lower your carbs? Open-Face Cheeseburger Melts only use one slice of the bread of your choice.
- Soup season is upon us! Enjoy a hearty meal with this comforting Cheeseburger Soup.
- Why put fries on the side? Loaded Stacked Burgers are topped with veggie fries and bacon and all the best condiments.
- Take your potato skins to the next level with when you make them into Cheeseburger Potato Skins.
- This easy-to-make Bacon Cheeseburger Crescent Ring is full of bacon cheeseburger filling that your whole family will enjoy.
- For an easy appetizer, break out of the bun with Mini Bacon Cheddar Cheeseburger Phyllo Shells.
- A little sweet and a little hot are a perfect match in these Bold Honey Barbecue Burgers.
- No matter how you make your bacon cheeseburger—as a casserole, skillet or stuffed pepper—Bacon Cheeseburger 3 Ways will rock your family’s world.
- Fresh mozzarella, tomato and basil top these delicious Caprese Burgers.
- All the taste of flame-grilled beef without the meat, BOCA Favorite Cheeseburgers will satisfy your burger craving.
- Cheeseburger Cups are just the right size for an after-school snack, party appetizer or anytime you want a small bite.
- Pile cheeseburger toppings on a thin pizza crust, and enjoy Cheeseburger Pizza a whole new way.
- Everything’s better on a stick! Skip the bun and instead make these Cheeseburger Skewers.
How will you celebrate National Cheeseburger Day? Share with us @EasyHomeMeals on social media.