19 National Cupcake Lover’s Day Treats You’ll Devour!
Today is National Cupcake Lover’s Day – a time to celebrate these delicious individually-sized delights! Cupcakes are crazy popular – as in, you can get a cupcake 24 hours day at cupcake ATMs – yet they’ve been around since the late 1700s when Amelia Simms noted “a cake to be baked in small cups” in a recipe in her American Cookery book. The actual term “cupcake” first appeared in Eliza Leslie’s cookbook Receipts and consisted of eggs, molasses, brown sugar, butter, milk, flour, allspice, cloves and ginger. Hostess began mass producing “snack cakes” in 1919, making them available in grocery stores, but frosted and cream-filled cupcakes didn’t gain popularity until the 1950s. Today, any flavor combination you can think of come in cupcake form, from sweet classics to non-traditional savory flavors like maple bacon. Get your mixer ready and bake these tasty cupcake recipes!
Enjoy these chocolately creations for your sweet tooth:
- Luscious Chocolate Marbled Cupcakes feature a creamy, hot fudge frosting.
- Chocolate Banana Nut Crunch Cupcakes are full of delicious and sweet goodness!
- These Chocolate Cupcakes with Caramel Frosting are the perfect combo and salty and sweet.
- Brighten up any dessert table with these lovely Chocolate Flower Cupcakes!
- Who knew you could make a cupcake out of ice cream? Dreams will come true with these Mint Chocolate Ice Cream Cupcakes.
- Make the perfect summer treat in cupcake form with these S’mores Cupcakes!
These festive and adorable cupcake ideas for perfect for summer celebrations:
- How adorbs are these Graduation Cap Cupcakes, great for a graduation party!
- Firecracker Cupcakes are the best dessert for a 4th of July party or summer get together.
- It doesn’t get any cuter than these Honey Bee Cupcakes, complete with honey buttercream!
- Breeze Birthday Cupcakes are topped with colorful sprinkles!
- Coconut Almond Cupcakes are a light and airy sweet treat.
- Hosting a wedding shower or rehearsal dinner? These Champagne Cupcakes are the perfect celebratory dessert!
- This Colorful Bunch of Balloons cupcake display is so cute for a baby shower or sprinkle!
These fruity cupcake creations are oh-so-amazing:
- Refreshing Lemon Meringue Cupcakes are the prettiest summer dessert.
- These citrusy Orange Petite Cakes are so colorful and perfect for a crowd!
- What says summer more than Key Lime Cupcakes, topped with lime zest!
- These classic Butter Cupcakes are topped with a unique Grapefruit Buttercream.
- Enjoy the summer breeze with Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes on a sunny day.
- How amazing do these Ginger Peach Cupcakes sound? We bet they taste even better!
What are your fave cupcake recipes or flavors? Share with us on social @EasyHomeMeals!