Why Your Kid Should be a Lunch Packer
There are many benefits to packing your child’s lunch or allowing them to pack it (with your guidance.) Not only do you get the opportunity to educate them on healthy food choices, you get to select wholesome and nutritious options that have the best chance of getting eaten. While the school lunch menu is designed to be well-balanced and nutritious, your child won’t benefit if they don’t like and won’t eat some of the items. Kids are more likely to eat foods they help choose.
When you pack a lunch, you can control the quantity and help reduce the amount of food wasted. And in the end, your child has more time to eat and enjoy their meal if they don’t have to stand in line to buy it. The foods you can pack are endless, and many innovative products make it easy. Try some of these ready-to-go options and fun lunch ideas.
When time is short and you need easy options your kids will love, these favorites are ready to throw in the lunchbox and go.
- Full of fun flavor combos kids will devour, Horizon Organic Good & Go snack packs include things like cheese bites, pretzels, dried fruit and nuts.
- Breakstone’s Cottage Cheese Doubles come in seven different flavors that are sure to please any picky eater.
- Beneficial probiotics aren’t the only reason to include Good Karma Drinkable Yogurt. It’s also dairy-free, but mighty on taste that kids will love.
- Peeled and ready to eat, NestFresh Hard Cooked Eggs are the ultimate in lunch and snacking convenience.
- No monkeying around, Banana Chocolate Peanut Noosa Mates yogurt will be the highlight of your kid’s lunchbox.
- Full of calcium and protein, Borden Kid Builder String Cheese is deliciously building strong bones with every bite.
Your kid will be the envy of the cafeteria when you include these creative (and delicious) lunchbox ideas.
- Switch up the traditional sandwich and go for PB & J with Cinnamon Toast Waffles – perfect for little hands and big appetites.
- This super-cool Dino-themed lunchbox will have everyone roaring with delight and eating every bite.
- An easy-peasy, colorful Rainbow Pasta Salad makes getting their veggies tasty and fun.
- Who doesn’t love pizza? These Pizza Pita Snackers put a new twist on this kid-favorite.
- Pack a thermos and kids can have warm and creamy Macaroni and Cheese Soup for the ultimate comfort on stressful days.
- Hand-held and full of flavor, Orange Chicken Pita Pockets with Spicy Edamame will awaken their taste buds and keep them going all afternoon.
With an infinite number of possibilities, every lunchbox can be uniquely tailored to fit your child’s tastes. We’d love to hear what lunchbox items have been a big score with your kids. Tell us your favorites in the comments below.