Lovely Valentine’s Day Dishes and Desserts
In case you forgot, Valentine’s Day is tomorrow, the most love-filled and sweetest day of the year. This day is celebrated across the globe by lovers near and far. As much as we all love the decadent dinners and heart-warming chocolate candies, do you know where this historic day comes from? Valentine’s Day, or otherwise known as Saint Valentine’s Day, has routes back to the ancient Romans from the 3rd century AD. While the holiday was once quite gruesome to begin, it became sweeter over time thanks to Chaucer and Shakespeare.
Valentine’s Day is celebrated romantically, but businesses and consumers show their love very graciously when it comes to spending. The average person on Valentine’s Day will spend $512.03! That’s a lot of money! Take that number into the “big picture” of things and Americans spend $19.7 billion on Valentine’s Day. Wow! That’s more than Halloween and Mother’s Day combined!
From lunch to appetizers and dinner, check out these oh-so-sweet recipes:
- Chow down on these adorably delicious Cupid’s Mini Heart Pizzas for a Valentine’s lunch!
- If it’s just you and your someone special, this Valentine’s Dinner for Two is the perfect meal!
- This holiday is all about everything heart-shaped. Get into the spirit with Heart Shape Lasagna Roll-Ups!
- Think you have to go out for a nice steak dinner? Think again! Impress your sweetheart with Cheese-Crusted Beef Tenderloin Steaks.
- Looking to stay on track with your New Year’s resolutions? This Hearts of Romaine Finger Salad is a lighter option for this special holiday.
- Don’t settle for anything ordinary, go for a souffle! This Bacon and Chive Souffle is so mouthwatering!
- Pepperoni Sausage and Mushroom Valentine Pizza is a tasty option for those who don’t want a fancy, sit-down meal!
- Butterfly Shrimp Bruschetta is so yummy and perfect for an appetizer before your Valentine’s dinner.
- Hold everyone over ’til the main course with a Cupid’s Arrow!
Make room for dessert, because these lovey-dovey treats are too good to resist:
- Easy 3-Ingredient Chocolate Fondue is the perfect way to end the romantic night!
- Let the cookies do the talking with Be My Valentine Cookies.
- These desserts are dipped in love and too good to resist–Red Velvet Oreo Truffles!
- Very Berry Naturally Pink Frosting is a sweet addition to any cake, cupcake or cookie!
- Your loved ones will absolutely melt over these Melting Heart Cookies.
- This DIY Valentine’s Day Ice Cream Bar is a “cool” way to ring in the most love-filled holiday of the year.
- Go for something traditional with these Valentines Cookies.
- No one will be able to hide their love from you if you serve these Hidden Heart Cupcakes!
- Chocolate lovers will go crazy over Light Chocolate Pots de Crème!
- Heart Shaped Strawberry Hand Pies are the tastiest choice for pie lovers near and far on Valentine’s Day.
- Bake and decorate these Queen of Hearts Brownies with your kiddos for a fun Valentine’s treat!
- Give these Strawberries dipped in Chocolate MELT® and Yogurt a try for a unique twist.