Turkey Day Helpers for an Effortless Thanksgiving
Whether you’re cooking for a crowd or just helping out in the kitchen, preparing a Thanksgiving meal can be stressful and time-consuming. Between planning a well-rounded menu, to satisfying dietary needs and getting everything on the table on time while still hot – it’s a lot to handle! Don’t let the pressure overwhelm you – these Thanksgiving helpers are here to lend a hand.
Time to talk turkey – these tips will have you well on your way to cooking a perfect turkey:
– When buying a whole turkey, purchase at least one pound of uncooked turkey per person to ensure enough you have enough!
– Thaw the turkey in the refrigerator, allowing a full day in the fridge for every four pounds of turkey.
– Be sure to roast the turkey on a rack set in a shallow roasting pan, which allows heat to circulate around the turkey.
– Turkey is safe to easy once the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
– Before carving the turkey, let it sit for 20 minutes to allow the juices to set.
– Refrigerate leftovers within two hours and store for three to four days – or freeze it for up to six months.
Start off with these yummy Thanksgiving beverages:
- Kick off the holiday on the right foot with a refreshing Cranberry Orange Mimosa!
- Warm up from being out in the cold with a Spiced Hot Chocolate Flaxmilk.
- If you’re a tea lover, you’ll love this citrusy Hot Orange Juice Sipper!
- Get in the spirit with new Dark Cherry Raspberry Beet juice!
These fun appetizers will tide guests over until the main entrée:
- These oh-so-elegant Apricot Rosemary Sweet Potatoes are easy to prepare and quick to disappear!
- Use frozen puff pastry and Mozzarella cheese to make Antipasto Stuffed Pastry.
- Make these tasty BBQ Bacon Wrapped Meatballs using frozen meatballs.
- Special Edition Pimento Cheese Bites are filled with real cheddar cheese and covered in a crispy coating you won’t be able to resist!
Make preparing these Thanksgiving side dishes a breeze:
- Turn frozen rolls into these adorable Thanksgiving Turkey Rolls to liven up your table!
- Skip the peeling and heat up Parmesan Peppercorn Mashed Potatoes – no one will believe they’re not homemade!
- There’s no need for the canned version when you can make Cranberry Sauce using frozen cranberries.
- Make this delicious Onion Ring Green Bean Casserole using frozen green beans and onion rings.
- Use pre-chopped frozen peppers and onions in this Spicy Skillet Holiday Stuffing for a kicked-up version of a Thanksgiving favorite!
Nothing beats Thanksgiving desserts – but you don’t have to be stuck in the kitchen baking all day:
- There’s no need to bake from scratch, just pick up a scrumptious Pumpkin Crème Pie!
- This drool-worthy Pecan Pie Pull-Apart is way easier than it looks to bake!
- Pick up Pumpkin Spice Cream Puffs for an elegant and simple dessert.
- Save time and energy with a ready-to-bake Original Flaky Crust Dutch Apple Pie.
- Skip making homemade whipped cream and instead pick up Aerosol Whipped Cream!
How do you cut down on prep for your Thanksgiving feast?